Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have traded a 2010 Ptek 800 renegade backcountry for a 2008 summit 800 with a 154 inch track with 2.5 inch lugs. The renegade pulled like a mule right up to 100. This summit seems to jump out of the hole ok but seemed to top out around 60. Does that seem normal or is there something wrong?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to run ok. I thought the backcountry was geared same as the summits. I haven't ridden enough to even tell you what rpm I'm getting. With that much more track I was still expecting 80 ish.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Your gearing is different the renegade Probly had a 25-45 and the summit sounds like a 19-45 or lower. you said it was geared as a summit did you check it there is lots of ratios. Also if the prior owner put a 7 tooth driver on it it will also be affected.
The ptec should be 8100-8200

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Yeah I cant believe they would be geared the same, should go faster than 60 though. I would guess 80ish. And yes rpms are what Mach1k said.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
More track resistance, lower gearing...mph will never be the same. Look for a gearing calculator; say on Dynamo Joe's site, and plug in your data to see what your top end should be. Confirm your gearing & drivers, make sure your clutching is fresh, etc.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 12 Summit X 800 Etec at 7900 rpm Tops out at 82. I just played with the clickers to get the RPM up.There is a sticker on the clutch to indicate where to set the RPM's. On my buddy's 09 Summit 800 Ptec, the sticker has him at 8100 RPM. We are running between 8000-9000 ft elevation. I have the better top end.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did a little testing, it has a 21 tooth top gear. Full speed run rpms instantly go to about 7500 but very quickly drops to 6500 even closer to 6000 within a second or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts