Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m a newbie to sleds so this might be a very dumb question! I have the heated visor kit from skidoo and directions are pretty vague. How easy is it to remove the hood off the sled? I don’t have any manuals and looking around online I can’t find any videos of someone working on a 2008. Do you have to take it off in three different pieces in order to get under the hood? Supposedly I was told by guy at dealer that there should be a plug on left side but I have to remove everything to get to it.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
I'm a newbie to sleds so this might be a very dumb question! I have the heated visor kit from skidoo and directions are pretty vague. How easy is it to remove the hood off the sled? I don't have any manuals and looking around online I can't find any videos of someone working on a 2008. Do you have to take it off in three different pieces in order to get under the hood? Supposedly I was told by guy at dealer that there should be a plug on left side but I have to remove everything to get to it.
Hood is easy, just grab each side of hood at top, pull out slightly and down, it will slide off. Take the side panel off left side and look under the console, there should be a plug up there the visor kit plugs into (at least how the 08 TNT came. There is a video on youtube about installing, just search. Good luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
just a heads up, if it is not directly wired to the battery, it will not power up until it hits 2500 rpm, just like the heated grips. I say wire directly to the batter and it is always on.

·
Premium Member
8,092 Posts
just a heads up, if it is not directly wired to the battery, it will not power up until it hits 2500 rpm, just like the heated grips. I say wire directly to the batter and it is always on.
This is how I do it as well.

Been doing it this way for years with zero issues.

Just fish the cord up and zip tie it to your steering post.

Don~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts