Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriends nephew has a 2008 MXZ Adrenaline 600 HO SDI, and his engine light keep coming on, as well as his oil light. We checked the fuses, cleaned up the valves, checked for faulty plugs, checked the factory torque settings for the head bolts. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once the engine light comes you can pull the code and it will give you a good idea what's wrong. Just like a car.
How do you pull the code?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not possible. A 600 sdi cannot run without a battery. If the battery if is not perfectly charged you will have tons of issues.
Oh okay, I didn't know that. I never had an SDI before. For the ones that do/did, I've never asked or heard of mentionings of a battery. I will tell my girlfriends nephew this. Thanks man, because that could very well be the issue. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Oh okay, I didn't know that. I never had an SDI before. For the ones that do/did, I've never asked or heard of mentionings of a battery. I will tell my girlfriends nephew this. Thanks man, because that could very well be the issue. Cheers!
A week battery in an sdi can cause lots of weird things. So even if its not an issue now tell him to make sure its always good.
As for the oil light the xps are known to come on even when's theres oil in the tank. But did he run it out of oil? The check engine light needs to be checked by a dealer to get a code. Really the issues can be anything. Get it to the dealer and have codes pulled.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A week battery in an sdi can cause lots of weird things. So even if its not an issue now tell him to make sure its always good.
As for the oil light the xps are known to come on even when's theres oil in the tank. But did he run it out of oil? The check engine light needs to be checked by a dealer to get a code. Really the issues can be anything. Get it to the dealer and have codes pulled.
No, the oil has never been run dry. If anything, the lowest it ever was, was half (1/2) empty/full. I spoke with his common-law and she says they're going to ship it off to a dealership to have it looked over.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Like I said before-do a load test on the battery. That is most likely the issue.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
how long does a battery last. Doesn't it recharge itself when you ride it for a while?

·
Advanced Member
2,025 Posts
Sdi batteries dont last very long. Yes it does charge, but if its getting weak, it wont charge well anymore. Like doodown said, a crappy battery can cause lots of screwy things to happen.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Sdi batteries dont last very long. Yes it does charge, but if its getting weak, it wont charge well anymore. Like doodown said, a crappy battery can cause lots of screwy things to happen.
Ok - i have not put mine on the trickle charge yet for the year but i've started my sled s few times.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Ok - i have not put mine on the trickle charge yet for the year but i've started my sled s few times.
Chris this issue is the reason I paid alot more for the good interstate battery that's in your sled. I've never personally had any issues with the battery, but I actually did it preventatively.

It's almost July get her fogged for the summer and get a trickle change on the battery. That sled is wicked easy to get the air box off to fogg it. Take the clutch guard off, pull the tab on the air intake tube above the secondary, and literally just pull the air box towards you. It slides out and and does not screw to the carbs at all its on a track.

We may be picking up a rush for the g/f and I was amazed how much easier doo is to work on when looking at these polaris sleds.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Chris this issue is the reason I paid alot more for the good interstate battery that's in your sled. I've never personally had any issues with the battery, but I actually did it preventatively.

It's almost July get her fogged for the summer and get a trickle change on the battery. That sled is wicked easy to get the air box off to fogg it. Take the clutch guard off, pull the tab on the air intake tube above the secondary, and literally just pull the air box towards you. It slides out and and does not screw to the carbs at all its on a track.

We may be picking up a rush for the g/f and I was amazed how much easier doo is to work on when looking at these polaris sleds.
Hey Pete - Nice to know. The problem is i'm just starting to change the flap on the sled and a few other minor things and i'm still have not sold my old sled and i want to put the new sled on the trailer. Never did the fogging in the past. I'll do it soon.

·
Super Moderator
18,023 Posts
Hey Pete - Nice to know. The problem is i'm just starting to change the flap on the sled and a few other minor things and i'm still have not sold my old sled and i want to put the new sled on the trailer. Never did the fogging in the past. I'll do it soon.
Sorry to hear the rev hasn't sold yet. I know its tuff to wait but worse comes to worse it will definitely sell more towards the season.

I think fogging is a random thing. Some do it some don't. All the doo dealers around me say do it. And the ETECS have built in fogging so that's shows us right thier doo wants its done. I was really just joking around with ya lol!

As far as the battery goes, a trickle charger will make a huge difference. My 06 sdi had a 4 year old battery with no issues. The only reason I put the new one in the 08 was because I bought it used right before the season started and it was preventative for me to do so.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts