Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently bought this sled and I have a question about the reverse, the sled runs and drives great but when I push the start/reverse button it kills the engine and then I press it again and it turns on engine in reverse just wondering if this is normal? I assumed the sled would stay running as it wa shot in reverse

·
Registered
9 Posts
When you press the RER button while the engine is running, the engine shuts down and restarts in reverse. You have issues if it stalls out and doesn't automatically restart in reverse.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
supposed to depress and hold brake lever then hit rer button on a warm sled. that is how mine works, or it is just how I do it...........

·
Premium Member
27,934 Posts
Could be a problem with the Start/RER switch. Measure the voltage on the Beige signal wire at the starter solenoid.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
supposed to depress and hold brake lever then hit rer button on a warm sled. that is how mine works, or it is just how I do it...........
That's the first time I've heard of anybody holding the brake lever while activating RER; I've never seen anybody do it, nor have I done it myself. It's definitely not required.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
hmmmm, thought I had read it somewhere, but just looked through and did not see it mentioned in manuals, guess it was just an added step, that I added for no reason, LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts