Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uploaded some pics of my 2008 600 RS motor in my 2007 REV 600 mod sled. I'm now running all 600 mod electronics, flashed for trail curve, and TMX 38's. I've been playing around with different pipes, right now I'm running a 600 HO single pipe with dynoport can. I did try my 600 MOD twins and it was a mean machine, but revved to 9000 rpms which made me nervous so I went back to the single setup which runs around 8200 and is still very fun, useable power.

I'm running 380 mains which I think are waaay too rich and I need to start stepping down a jet size at a time until I reach the sweet spot.

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just going off of the pictures, it looks like on your twin pipe exhaust set-up, the one pipe extension (the right one) going into the can looks to be short that it doesn't sit in the can correctly and make a good seal. Also, I'd find a different way to secure your oil drip bottle, that zip tie might slide down off the coolant bottle and then you'd lose your oil going to your crank. Just my $0.02. Nice set-up though!

Reactions: jb_zx_600

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just going off of the pictures, it looks like on your twin pipe exhaust set-up, the one pipe extension (the right one) going into the can looks to be short that it doesn't sit it the can correctly and make a good seal. Also, I'd find a different way to secure your oil drip bottle, that zip tie might slide down off the coolant bottle and then you'd look your oil going to your crank. Just my $0.02. Nice set-up though!
I took the twins off after I made a pass across the field last night and hit almost 9200 RPM (380 mains), I don't feel like rebuilding another engine right now. I don't think I need to push it that hard on a trail tune with 93 octane. It was stupidly fast though. The single pipe is back on and pulls right to about 8200. The single pipe has a more linear powerband with nice torque and is still tons of fun. Anyone have any idea how high I can push it on pump gas?

As for the oil bottle/coolant tank situation, I couldn't secure them in stock location due to the RS coolant hose coming in from the side instead of the back so that's how I have them secured for now. That oil bottle is actually very tightly secured on there and I've been keeping a close eye on it, some sort of hose clamp or bigger zip tie may help out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts