Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

398 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  mbret2004 
#1 ·
Anyone have any insight on this? From what I'm getting, the e-tech outboard motor has been successfully incorporated into the Rev chassis. When will we see it? Sounds like a killer combination. Now that is something to look forward to--if the rumors are true. Time will tell.

See less See more
#2 ·
mbret2004 said:
Anyone have any insight on this? From what I'm getting, the e-tech outboard motor has been successfully incorporated into the Rev chassis. When will we see it? Sounds like a killer combination. Now that is something to look forward to--if the rumors are true. Time will tell.

[snapback]688034[/snapback]​
The E-Tec outboards are just tweaked up 2 strokes with FICHT Direct injection induction. Outboard engines are big, heavy, and detuned compared to sled motors. An outboard powerhead is not really suited for snowmobile use. An E-Tec sled engine wiil be more of a marketing exercise than anything else IMO.

#3 ·
Your input does make sense, I was thinking it would make the transition easier since some of the "basic technology" was there. Either way, a 4-stroke rev chassis sled would be nice. I would look long and hard at that.
P.S. How's the weather up there? Feels like f'in May here.

#4 ·
mbret2004 said:
Your input does make sense, I was thinking it would make the transition easier since some of the "basic technology" was there. Either way, a 4-stroke rev chassis sled would be nice. I would look long and hard at that.
P.S. How's the weather up there? Feels like f'in May here.
[snapback]689000[/snapback]​
I feel for you bud. It's awesome up here. Mild (usually it's -40 C this time of year) and with tons of snow. Bad ice tho'.... since it's so unseasonably warm so we gotta be careful. But I'll take it

#5 ·
I used to live about 600-miles south of there, in Grand Forks, N.D. It got pretty cool there so I know it has to get nasty way up there. Cold weather never bothered me, the heat I can't deal with. Pass the cold air east--please!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.