Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Rider forward eh ?

Looks more like rider gonna fall over the front and get run over by that ugly biotch.
The footwells look like the over the skis.

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Well Yamaha knocked off 100 lbs. like I wanted but unfortunatley to doo it they also reduced size of motor from 150 HP four cylinder to 80 HP twin.. That won't get it done boys when the new Phazer is getting passed by 550 Fan revs the guiys who bought into the "next yamaha hype" will really be bummed...

And for Yamanator, this big I told you so... To build a 4 stroke with light weight of REV with SAME HP level is almost impossible... hard to compete aginst a 2 cylinder 2 stroke with a 4 stroke 4 cylinder!!! I will say the new chassis looks nice all be it slightly uglier than Fusion.. I will stick with the tried and true REVS for a few more seasons and let TEAM BLUE be the guinea pigs for Yamaha..

·
found elsewhere
11,916 Posts
I think everyone (non-yamaha riders) had a big sigh of relief when they first saw the new Gayzers.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
Its fugly no doubt but IMO light years more useful than a freestyle. In case anyone hasnt noticed, you dont see too many threads about new polaris' or Arctic cats.. Yamahas got people looking, talking and buying. we might just sell off the other rev for another one, the wife rode my apex friday, really liked it but would rather have one with less power.

·
Registered
67 Posts
how many threads do we need of this? theres alread 3-4 other threads about this sled.yes its ugly, too much like thier quads

·
Registered
252 Posts
Bout as much storage as my 440 rev.
If you compare them to the 500 class sleds, I think they will be fine. What they give up in hp (with the exception of the sabercat 500), they make up for in torque. I think the probem will be that many people want to see that chassis with a 900 twin 4 stroke(2 yz450f motors)
, but that has been discussed here before. As was said in 03, kudos for being bold and trying something new!

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
TT670 said:
Its fugly no doubt but IMO light years more useful than a freestyle. In case anyone hasnt noticed, you dont see too many threads about new polaris' or Arctic cats.. Yamahas got people looking, talking and buying. we might just sell off the other rev for another one, the wife rode my apex friday, really liked it but would rather have one with less power.
[snapback]714490[/snapback]​
I applaud Yamaha for trying to get more people into the sport with a lightweight, reliable 4 stroke that is easy to ride but all this talk about getting people to buy Yamaha just cause their new is a fallacy... I buy based on performance and I still do NOT see any Yamaha racing championships in ANY form of sled terrain racing...

They are getting very close but 80 hp still won't cut it for us sledheads who crave more power. I love the new chassis (2007) but they need at least 130 HP to get all the diehard REV guys to switch. If Yami builds that new chassis and can somehow shoehorn a 130 HP 4 stroke in there at the same weight, (I doubt it can be done) BRP would really be in big trouble as people would switch in herds...

·
Closet Doo lover
1,855 Posts
I like the look of the blue and the white mountain lite, dislike the shield. I'll reserve judgment until I RIDE ONE. Novel concept that. Knowing what you're talking about with a little experience rather than talking out your "edit for bad language". Max sled guys really seemed to dig it.

It's a starter sled, something they needed. A cheap 6 bones sled that'll do 80-85 mph and soak up bumps ect easily. If you want a faster ditch banger move up to the Nytro. If you want a muscle sled go with the Apex.

I buy based on performance and I still do NOT see any Yamaha racing championships in ANY form of sled terrain racing...
Haven't been paying much attention to XC or ovals have we?

·
Super Moderator
29,360 Posts
TT670 said:
Its fugly no doubt but IMO light years more useful than a freestyle.
[snapback]714490[/snapback]​
Very interesting sled, no doubt, but $3999 vs. $6399 - I sure hope it would be light years ahead.

MXzX 550F - $6099 - Hmmm, should really compare to the Phaser FX, which does have better shocks, but it's a whopping $7,199 for an 80HP sled? Not to mention it weighs 37 lbs more.

Want to compare base models; 550F Trail vs. the base Phaser - $5650 vs. $6399, and it's also 24 lbs more.

Just money for money; the comparison should the 500SS Adrenaline vs. the Phaser FX. Here the Yammi finally wins the weight war but it gives up 25 HP.

I'm thinking while the Phaser is interesting, it really doesn't offer any real competition if you're honest in your comparisons...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Just got home from the Yamaha 2007 sled show. Interesting sled. Kind of ugly, but the more you look at it the better it gets

Phazer mountain lite.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 63 Posts