Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 xrs it came with the 159 track which i just switched out for a 162 camoplast challenger. I mountain ride and want to know if gearing down a little would be helpful. I made a mark on my clutch to see how high my belt would ride, there is about a half inch between the highest belt mark and the very top of the clutch. I know you can gear these down too much though. would gearing it down one or two teeth help me any for mountain riding or should i just leave the gearing how it came?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I have a 2007 xrs it came with the 159 track which i just switched out for a 162 camoplast challenger. I mountain ride and want to know if gearing down a little would be helpful. I made a mark on my clutch to see how high my belt would ride, there is about a half inch between the highest belt mark and the very top of the clutch. I know you can gear these down too much though. would gearing it down one or two teeth help me any for mountain riding or should i just leave the gearing how it came?
Drop one tooth from stock. Your top speed will suffer however climbing will be enhanced and most important is belt will be happy

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
If your only a 1/2 inch from the top,your gearing/clutching is close already
I dont need a mountain sled to run at 80 mph. I need my belts to remain a cool as possible. The only time he will see 1/2 inch is a lake run. Regaurdless grearing down slightly will allow belt to ride higher on primary and drop temps by allowing more contact area and less slipping.Trick is NOT to drop too far or secondary will be out of sync. and lose track speed.Typically one tooth does the trick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts