Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I went out and got my copy of the new 2007 Spring Program Brochure.

I was looking at the differences between the StandardRenegade and the "X" Package when I noticed something weird...

Under Standard features here is what I saw in the order of appearance:

Standard......................X Package
RER.......................................RER
New HPV roller........................HPV Roller
New Internal/External drivers...Link type sway bar
Pilot 5.7 skis...........................New HPG Clicker TA shocks
New 16"X 136"X1.25 Ripsaw.....SC-4 Rear suspension
New Riser Block.......................New Internal/External drivers
Electronic speed/tach...............New 440 racing seat
Mountain grab strap.................Racing brake
Mountain Rack........................New painted A-Arms
.............................................New lightweight rear end execution
..............................................Riser Block
..............................................Acerbis handguards
.............................................Tunnel reinforcement
..............................................J-hooks

So, does anybody else see some thing wierd here? First of all why arent the same options listed next to each other? Look at the Link type sway bar as an example they are listed in different places. This brings up the next question why is it a "new"sway link type sway bar for one model, but not new for the other?? same with the HPV, riser block, internal external drivers.

Also why is the SC4 suspension listed under the standard features of the X package, when it is not listed under the standard renegade? Both use the SC4 suspension.....

So what are these Marketing guys trying to do to us??
I think they are trying to confuse us to believe that the X package adds more features than it really does.

The way I see it the only differences between the two are the following:

X package adds clicker TA shocks, 440 racing seat, Racing brake, Acerbis handguards, and painted A-Arms (Are the standard A- arms not painted??), tunnel reinforcment, J-hooks.

All of that for the additional price tag of $650.

Also to add to the confusion, the Renegade 1000 specs are mixed with the REV chassis specs.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Polaris has done this for years. Its an old trick, but it gets so many suckers.

·
Super Moderator
29,363 Posts
Are you paranoid or what? The reason some of those items are listed as "new" on one sled and not the other (I'll use the roller as an example) is last season the X model had it and the regular didn't. So for this year, the Roller is a "new" feature for the standard sled. The same can be said for every other "new" feature listed. Geez, it's just a brochure, not a test. If it makes you that confused start a spredsheet and make your own brochure. Check on page 29 first though, they have a nice chart of some of upgrade there are between the X and the regular.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
I assume you laid this out in a chart form and since it was not that way on the brochure your point is useless. Just cause features are listed in different orders means nothing. Second, the reason things are listed as new on one and not on the other is because it is new to that model.

Another freaking Dootalk whinner! This site is becoming the meeting grounds for big babies

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
NH_Renegade said:
So I went out and got my copy of the new 2007 Spring Program Brochure.

I was looking at the differences between the StandardRenegade and the "X" Package when I noticed something weird...

Under Standard features here is what I saw in the order of appearance:

Standard......................X Package
RER.......................................RER
New HPV roller........................HPV Roller
New Internal/External drivers...Link type sway bar
Pilot 5.7 skis...........................New HPG Clicker TA shocks
New 16"X 136"X1.25 Ripsaw.....SC-4 Rear suspension
New Riser Block.......................New Internal/External drivers
Electronic speed/tach...............New 440 racing seat
Mountain grab strap.................Racing brake
Mountain Rack........................New painted A-Arms
.............................................New lightweight rear end execution
..............................................Riser Block
..............................................Acerbis handguards
.............................................Tunnel reinforcement
..............................................J-hooks

So, does anybody else see some thing wierd here? First of all why arent the same options listed next to each other? Look at the Link type sway bar as an example they are listed in different places. This brings up the next question why is it a "new"sway link type sway bar for one model, but not new for the other?? same with the HPV, riser block, internal external drivers.

Also why is the SC4 suspension listed under the standard features of the X package, when it is not listed under the standard renegade? Both use the SC4 suspension.....

So what are these Marketing guys trying to do to us??
I think they are trying to confuse us to believe that the X package adds more features than it really does.

The way I see it the only differences between the two are the following:

X package adds clicker TA shocks, 440 racing seat, Racing brake, Acerbis handguards, and painted A-Arms (Are the standard A- arms not painted??), tunnel reinforcment, J-hooks.

All of that for the additional price tag of $650.

Also to add to the confusion, the Renegade 1000 specs are mixed with the REV chassis specs.
[snapback]747591[/snapback]​
its not new to one but is to another -because one had that option last year so it, it is new to one and not the other
And who says they(options) have to be in the same line as another model?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts