Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a 07 Summit 800 XRS and I believe its my high beams that aren't working. When i start the sled the head lights work. When I flip the switch to what I believe is the high beams both lights go out. Also I believe my grip warmers are not working. When I start the sled I see the light for the high beams come on the dash but then go away. My tail light is working. I have checked the fuses and the relay both are ok. Where else should I look? I don't think its the bulbs since both aren't working and that would be strange.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The black block that has the switches on it that is mounted to the handle bars, on the inside there is a plug on the that can be off by one pin and it caused my hand warmers to only work on the high set but they got hot like it was set to the low setting. If i remember right if i switched to my low beams my lights would just shut off.

That block also just grounds out through the handle bars so make sure the contact spots are clean

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have the block with switches. For my headlight its just a 2 posistion switch you move front to back (mountain sled). when i tested the relay i used a jumper and jumped pins 30 and 87 (saw that info on another forum) and still had the same issue so i ruled out the relay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do i test that switch? i see three wires coming from the switch to the harnes. 2- gray wires and one red wire.

·
Registered
465 Posts
One of those wires is incoming power. The two outgoing wires should go to high and low beams. You could unplug the red wire, as I'm assuming it's your power, and touch it to the other wires one at a time. You can also follow the wires to see where they go.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I dont have the block with switches. For my headlight its just a 2 posistion switch you move front to back (mountain sled). when i tested the relay i used a jumper and jumped pins 30 and 87 (saw that info on another forum) and still had the same issue so i ruled out the relay.
You can usually figure out the problem from testing at the relay. You said you jumped 30 to 87. Was there power at either of them terminals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Did you remove the headlight switch from the bars and look at the underside? I had no highbeams on my XRS and it was caused from the solder connection of one of the wires breaking loose. Your handwarmers could be a separate issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. one of the wires under the switch came off so i re soidered the connection and everything is back working.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts