Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
View attachment 50524 View attachment 50524
After riding the new 2007 Summit X 800R 151 my opinion is that it will probably get the title for Mtn sled of the year. This sled has some serious mid to top end horsepower with the 151 hp rating on the new engine. The sled feels nimble as in light with get in your face pull. This sled will have no problem on the deep powder. I was hoping that Doo would upgrade the single guage no problem seeing the rpm but the mph takes a little concentration. Check out the photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
dwkendrick said:
After riding the new 2007 Summit X 800R 151 my opinion is that it will probably get the title for Mtn sled of the year. This sled has some serious mid to top end horsepower with the 151 hp rating on the new engine. The sled feels nimble as in light with get in your face pull. This sled will have no problem on the deep powder. I was hoping that Doo would upgrade the single guage no problem seeing the rpm but the mph takes a little concentration. Check out the photos.
[snapback]752277[/snapback]​
I am trying to post the photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Looks good from here. Glad you got to try it out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Irondog said:
I can see that new sound deadening cylinder cover coming off - right after the plastic belt guard.
[snapback]752824[/snapback]​
you know whats funny is that the one i test drove from my dealer had both those removed
I didnt even know they came like that. The sled rips and was beating up on my 06. Cant go wrong with the 07...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Awesome news because I am snowchecking tomorrow. That isn't an 07 though, its an 06.5 prototype.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NW IOWA WS6 said:
Awesome news because I am snowchecking tomorrow. That isn't an 07 though, its an 06.5 prototype.
[snapback]754022[/snapback]​
Yes it is a prototype and Doo factory will make some small changes but for the most part thats it. This sled spent time in Fairbanks and on Thursday it is off to Anch, AK for testing. I am snowchecking this sled but I like the white/black with red graphics, the steel gray is pretty plain but ok. I had a great test ride and love the power. This prototype does have some serious vibration at idle with the big motor like most 800's but as soon as you get on it then she is right on. The cylinder cover surpresses lots of cylinder noise makes the sled sound so strange between 5 to 20 mph almost like my Evinrude boat motor seriously then push the go button and hang on baby!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
We are taking it out Saturday. There is a group down to Turnagain today with it. It came in from Fairbanks at 9 this morning.

I think the additional vibration is from the new motor mount.

It may be a "prototype" but that is pretty much exactly how the "adrenalin" models will come next year. Next years adrenalin is the same as this years X sans HPG T/A shocks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
therealsnowdog said:
We are taking it out Saturday. There is a group down to Turnagain today with it. It came in from Fairbanks at 9 this morning.

It may be a "prototype" but that is pretty much exactly how the "adrenalin" models will come next year. Next years adrenalin is the same as this years X sans HPG T/A shocks.
[snapback]754965[/snapback]​
I knew the 800 needed a better motor mount system so a stronger better mount as you say must be the vibration culprit.

If next years Adrenaline is basically an 06 X then what is the difference between it and the 07 X other than the new motor,rebuildable shocks and the graphics? I am trying to sort all this out as it is a little confusing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The pics look good, I am trying the prototype this Sat so should get a good idea how it handles.....from your pics I dont see many hill or mountains around, so I guess it would be hard to tell how it climbs?
With that 151 track how was the boondocking would you notice any diff from the 144?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
dwkendrick said:
therealsnowdog said:

[snapback]754965[/snapback]​
I knew the 800 needed a better motor mount system so a stronger better mount as you say must be the vibration culprit.

If next years Adrenaline is basically an 06 X then what is the difference between it and the 07 X other than the new motor,rebuildable shocks and the graphics? I am trying to sort all this out as it is a little confusing.
[snapback]755027[/snapback]​
The 2007 X gets HPG T/A shocks, new bars, new controls and a smaller windsheild.

I think all the Summits get the new seat and roller clutch in 07.

Do the compare deal on the website and it sorts it all out.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NewtoDoo2 said:
The pics look good, I am trying the prototype this Sat so should get a good idea how it handles.....from your pics I dont see many hill or mountains around, so I guess it would be hard to tell how it climbs?
With that 151 track how was the boondocking would you notice any diff from the 144?
[snapback]755033[/snapback]​
No mtns close by just river running. My current sled is a 151 and in the mountains you need all the track you can handle. You won't notice much difference until you get off the 151 and onto the 144 then you can defintetly feel the shorter track, but not worth giving up the extra track. Almost all my riding is deep powder so its individual preference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dwkendrick said:
[snapback]752277[/snapback]​
Well I finally snow checked the Summit X 151 800R today White /Black and I made sure that I had every option and accessory I could get!! Starting with the X jacket, 2 year warranty (a must have), electric start ( yea Im gettin old) got all all three on my deal, then added gas can kit, belly pan, X cover, X tunnel bag, temperature and fuel gauge, grill and side pre filter kit, belt and a full tank of gas and oil, did I forget anything hope not as it is too late now. Is it October 2006 yet please hurry I am ready TO----ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just trying to figure out, Does this sled have the same shocks as the mxzx race sled? I don't see the external resiviors, and how about frame reinforcements like the mxzx race sled? Will this sled hold up like the mxzx when it comes to jumps, I mean landings?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
RT MAN said:
What up with that wrinkled seat, the new material on the top of the seat doesn't look good at all. Makes it look cheap!
[snapback]778789[/snapback]​
I've got an 06 X. The material on the seat does'nt strech like the older seats so when you first get off before the foam in the seat expandes back to normal size the seatcover looks a little loose. BUT, wait untill you put a knee up and are switching from board to board with stops in the middle and you'll love that seat. OR just switch sleds with a freind for a few miles and slide your knee and @$$ off his seat and you won't want to give up that sled/seat again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sonora? said:
Just trying to figure out, Does this sled have the same shocks as the mxzx race sled? I don't see the external resiviors, and how about frame reinforcements like the mxzx race sled? Will this sled hold up like the mxzx when it comes to jumps, I mean landings?
[snapback]778654[/snapback]​
Your talking about apples and oranges, . The Summit X 800 151 is purpose built for deep powder and mountain riding. Renegade is the sled for both trails and a little powder. The Summit loves deep endless powder rolling over the cowling or straight up the mountain side as far up as you have the balls for it. The HPG X shocks are rebuildable which is a must after about 1,000 to 1.500 miles, my last X cost me $80.00 bucks to rebuild ( I pulled them out and back in) the shocks by changing out the oil and they are now good as new! As far as frame reinforcement it sounds like a good idea, can't hurt based on ttabs posts showing the carnage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
sonora? said:
Do i have to snow check the x to get the titaniam springs and shocks, or can we buy them in fall from the dealer, and the 159. i was reading the new stats and ony the the x comes with the 159 for the 800. Yet the highmark and x for the 1000 comes with the 162.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
popgun07 said:
sonora? said:
Do i have to snow check the x to get the titaniam springs and shocks, or can we buy them in fall from the dealer, and the 159. i was reading the new stats and ony the the x comes with the 159 for the 800. Yet the highmark and x for the 1000 comes with the 162.

[snapback]779832[/snapback]​
Yes the X models are spring only orders like the 159" track model, the 1000 162" is strictly for power and flotation. I have riden the 1000 with the 162" and it was ok but I prefer the 800 151 with less weight and good power. In the fall some people backout of the X deal and you will see a few X models in the showroom but they are gone fast. If I understand the Ski-doo website and brochure the Summit X-RS will wear the titanium springs. You can buy the springs at you dealer when they become available but they will not be cheap.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts