Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys sold my summit 700 Olympic edition this spring and just got the itch for another sled. I found a 2007 skidoo summit 800r 144" with the shortblock replaced with only 400 miles on it. as well as basically new clutch: sliders, rollers, sliding half replaced,bushings etc. New track on it, v force reeds, piped and can. 2400 miles on the chassis approx.(guy wasnt sure of exact miles on chassis). What would this sled be worth? Thanks alot! Sled also has tunnel bag, a arm protectors, skid plate, and is a very clean almost mint machine. What do ya all figure its worth? I'm in sask Canada. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you !

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
$6500-7000

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously? It's in pretty good condition but I didn't think that high. I'll have to jump on this deal then cause it's quite a bit cheaper than 6500 lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey guys sold my summit 700 Olympic edition this spring and just got the itch for another sled. I found a 2007 skidoo summit 800r 144" with the shortblock replaced with only 400 miles on it. as well as basically new clutch: sliders, rollers, sliding half replaced,bushings etc. New track on it, v force reeds, piped and can. 2400 miles on the chassis approx.(guy wasnt sure of exact miles on chassis). What would this sled be worth? Thanks alot! Sled also has tunnel bag, a arm protectors, skid plate, and is a very clean almost mint machine. What do ya all figure its worth? I'm in sask Canada. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you !
It should be around the $5-5500 mark here in SK/AB. The 144's are usually a little cheaper than the 151 & 159 models.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's in sask, 151 is a bit too much track for where I sled, I love the 144. Does between 4500-5000 sound like a deal worth taking for the sled?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought my XRS 151 with the dual ring upgrade and new top end for $6000 out of Alberta came with a new camo extreme 2.3" track and lefty throttle as well. So I would say $5500 to $6000 is not a bad deal, you will be very pleased with it, they're amazingly fun sleds to ride.

·
Registered
707 Posts
There is a nice one in Red Deer for sale. '07 Summit 800R 151". 1900 miles on it and mostly all stock and comes with a doo gas can. He wants $5500 for it. Looks mint in the pics.

·
Registered
45,484 Posts
It's in sask, 151 is a bit too much track for where I sled, I love the 144. Does between 4500-5000 sound like a deal worth taking for the sled?
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Of course not seeing the sled, nor hearing, riding, compression test, etc...Anything 'sounds' good!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kinda compression should I see outta it with 400 miles on the shortblock?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Down here there have been some 2007 X-RS's without the extra goodies for $3500-$4000 US, so with the extras I don't think I would pay over $4800 (I got my 2008 Summit X 154 with 900 miles last year for $5000). Maybe because you're further from the Rockies there aren't as many mountain sleds which drives up the price? I don't know...

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Minus about 1000-1500 per year of age, then depends on the condition of the sled.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
It isn't piped they don't make on for that sled cause the stock on is pretty good. I basically have the same sled with 6000 km . Just be careful cause it could have clutch alignment issues and crank issues but it's got over 1000. Km on it so it should be good great sled if it works not the most reliable engine at the first year but lots of power.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It isn't piped they don't make on for that sled cause the stock on is pretty good. I basically have the same sled with 6000 km . Just be careful cause it could have clutch alignment issues and crank issues but it's got over 1000. Km on it so it should be good great sled if it works not the most reliable engine at the first year but lots of power.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its got a shortblock motor replaced by doo in 2008, called the dealership they confirmed all work was done there. as well as the motor a basically brand new clutch, all updated parts was put in at the same time. So whats the best approach to check for clutch alignment issues?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also how do I identify to confirm it is indeed a shortblock?

·
Registered
333 Posts
you already did by calling the dealer... that was the move to make. They should be able to reference the serial number of the shortblock. That is a strong motor in this chassis, you should love it. Make sure you keep your clutches real clean and inspect them more than you think that you need to.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just picked one an 07 summit x 151 with 1800 miles, all the updates, and an updated crank for 3400 down in oregon. I have found others in the northwest for similar prices so if you look hard enough I think you could find one for under 4000.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts