Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It may not have sunk in yet as most of you have not seen all the specs and prices yet. I got some info on 2007 pricing and you won't be happy. What I am told is $600-800 more accross the board for all models. PLUS, the $400 in free acessories or money off the sled or option or free electric start if you spring break is GONE!! If you take the loss of that plus the $600-800 more in list price that adds up to over $1000 more on all models than last year, whether or not you opt for the electric start it wasnt free anyway because you got the money off if you didn't want it....so either way everybody pays $1000 more this year. Plus, if you do want electric start, I am told it now costs $600. So this sums it up:

1. Stupid graphics and cartoons that maybe only kids would like
2. No new 800 engine, unless you buy Summit and that has carbs...2001 800 series III engines still being used in most sleds no 800 SDI or DI
3. Same sleds as last year basically, almost no changes
4. 15% increase in prices
5. Same reliability concern on the 800 and 600 for another year

I have been a Ski-Doo loyal for a long time:
Blizzards, Formula Models, Machs, S Chassis, F Chassis, Zx Chassis, 3 Revs etc. I have bought one new Ski-Doo sled a year for about 12 years and have been riding them since 1975. I have been very loyal to Ski Doo but I am not stupid. I was factory sponsored ski doo racer within the last 10 years. I was planning on buying two new ones this year, but this doesnt' make sense. Does Ski Doo think the Rev is that good that nobody will buy anything else at any price. I will be looking at the Fusions and Apex etc really hard now. I will take my money where I think the best value is....and BRP top brass you better wake up now because you will be in trouble quick with this type of product presentation and pricing strategy.

Please somebody tell me that my price information is wrong...otherwise you all will be looking at way over $8000 after dealer discount for a 600 SDI Gade with electric start. I don't mind paying for something extra or new, but this is rediculous amount of money for nothing new.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
go to the specials they are still running the accesories/es/warranty deal for 07 same as last year. Aluminum prices are up and no company is getting rich selling sleds.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rev said:
If your numbers are correct...Just imagine the price increase next yr when the Rev 2 comes out......
[snapback]747101[/snapback]​
I doubt they can get more for anything they come out with. They are pushing the envelope and watch customers drop. They are pricing the average middle class guy right out of snowmobiling..and doing this after one of the worst US winters in years. Doesn't seem like a good move. There will be no Rev 2 if they don't sell enough of the old stuff, and I mean old. Old engines, old carbs, old technology. The chassis is good, but these powerplants are sad and the prices just kick you when you are down.

·
Registered
144 Posts
honestly, i think it is a joke, does anybody really want to spend 10 grand an the same old crap they have had for the last 4 years. dont get me wrong. i love my rev, but would i really want to spend 10 grand for a 600 sdi in a ''race chassis'' when i can spend just about 5 grand for like an 00 or 05 actual race sled? and the colors? not everybody wants there sleds in yellow any more

·
Registered
43 Posts
Gade600SDI said:
It may not have sunk in yet as most of you have not seen all the specs and prices yet. I got some info on 2007 pricing and you won't be happy. What I am told is $600-800 more accross the board for all models. PLUS, the $400 in free acessories or money off the sled or option or free electric start if you spring break is GONE!! If you take the loss of that plus the $600-800 more in list price that adds up to over $1000 more on all models than last year, whether or not you opt for the electric start it wasnt free anyway because you got the money off if you didn't want it....so either way everybody pays $1000 more this year. Plus, if you do want electric start, I am told it now costs $600. So this sums it up:

1. Stupid graphics and cartoons that maybe only kids would like
2. No new 800 engine, unless you buy Summit and that has carbs...2001 800 series III engines still being used in most sleds no 800 SDI or DI
3. Same sleds as last year basically, almost no changes
4. 15% increase in prices
5. Same reliability concern on the 800 and 600 for another year

I have been a Ski-Doo loyal for a long time:
Blizzards, Formula Models, Machs, S Chassis, F Chassis, Zx Chassis, 3 Revs etc. I have bought one new Ski-Doo sled a year for about 12 years and have been riding them since 1975. I have been very loyal to Ski Doo but I am not stupid. I was factory sponsored ski doo racer within the last 10 years. I was planning on buying two new ones this year, but this doesnt' make sense. Does Ski Doo think the Rev is that good that nobody will buy anything else at any price. I will be looking at the Fusions and Apex etc really hard now. I will take my money where I think the best value is....and BRP top brass you better wake up now because you will be in trouble quick with this type of product presentation and pricing strategy.

Please somebody tell me that my price information is wrong...otherwise you all will be looking at way over $8000 after dealer discount for a 600 SDI Gade with electric start. I don't mind paying for something extra or new, but this is rediculous amount of money for nothing new.

[snapback]747091[/snapback]​
Here is you answer.........http://www.skidoopromotion.com/us%2Den/

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think you can get some good deals out there though if you look. My buddy just snowchecked a 07 800R Summit Rev with a 159 inch track for $8300. It was a rather large group buy though, 5 other guys snowchecked with him.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to say I agree. I love my Rev's but it's Dad's turn to get a new sled and I'm going to get a Yamaha Phazer.

I have a 04 600gade now and was thinking of a 500ss or 550x but when I compaired them to the phazerFX it isn't even close.

It would cost me to much to put the same shock package thats on the FX on the 500ss.The 500ss only comes in a trail this year.

The Yamahas come with a 3-year bumper to bumper warranty and for 250.00 you can get 2 more years added on.I ride mostly tight trails and the FX is the best value out their for my money.

I have had some engine issues with 3 of the 6 Revs I've owened but BRP has taken care of the problems.I just lose to much money on them when I trade them or sell them because of the life span of their engines.

When it's time to replace the other Revs I own, we'll see if BRP can match the value coming from Yamaha right now.

·
Registered
245 Posts
yeah i hear ya i was amazed when i saw the pricetags on them thought about maybe getting a new but sh&% prices have gone way up on all of the models i'll keep mine for awhile

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
dozer said:
I have a 04 600gade now and was thinking of a 500ss or 550x but when I compaired them to the phazerFX it isn't even close.
The 500 SS and the 550 fan are not even close to each other. and the phazer is close to the 550, but no where near the 500 SS. The phazer is an underpowered, over weight/over priced sled.

Go to your dealer, and by an 06 500 SS for $5300. Its the same sled as the 07, and then go out and stomp the phazer and of course the 550 fan. Let alone have change left over for parts you want.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Gade600SDI said:
It may not have sunk in yet as most of you have not seen all the specs and prices yet. I got some info on 2007 pricing and you won't be happy. What I am told is $600-800 more accross the board for all models. PLUS, the $400 in free acessories or money off the sled or option or free electric start if you spring break is GONE!!
I don't know where you got your pricing info, but I was in my dealers today, buying a new 06, and we were talking about the 07 prices. IIRC, she told me that the increase were between $100-$150. This is comparing the 06 to 07's MXZ's. NOT the new sleds, as there is no comparsion. I wish I wrote the exact prices down, but as I'm not paying I didn't. As far as free electric start, the 2007 spring program book says that if you buy the "X" package, you get FREE electric start or free 2n't year warranty. Plus if you buy an "in season" model you get $350 in gear plus either electric start or 2nd year engine. I assume that in season is teh non "X" sleds.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you folks think the US prices are expensive come to Canada. The reason for the increase in the US is the rising Canadian dollar vs the falling US dollar. You folks really have to get your trade balance in order. BUT, why is the Canadian price so high --- the Canadian dollar has gone from 62 cents to 88 cents which is 12cents diff vs the US which should translate into 12% more than the US price. That's if you buy into the dollar argument. The darn things are build in Canada at Canadian dollars so we should be getting them at the same price as the US. But, I wouldn' mind if I paid 12% more but they are more like 20 to 30 percent more. NOW that sucks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
With the crap I rode in this year around WNY (mud puddles,low snow, rocks, and snirt) I can't see myself spending around 10g for a new sled.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts