Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm stumped. Working on my buddies 07 800 blizzard. Last yr while on our last trip his sled started acting up the dash was going in and out the all stopped working. But sled was still running. He said it bogged down a couple times but we were able to finish the ride. At the very end of the trip as we pulled up to the trailer it shut off. And had no spark. I just installed a new stator and pick up coils. The sled now has great spark but will not fire. Not even on starter fluid. The rpm gauge is stuck at 3000 rpm when the sled is just sitting. We have spark we have fuel. The whole motor was rebuilt 1500 miles ago. The lights dont even flicker while pulling it over.. and being a 800 this sum bitch is hard as **** to pull over. Please help me out. Any suggestions would be great.. and yes I've checked the obvious.. thanks.

·
Ford hater
19,831 Posts
Ok I'm stumped. Working on my buddies 07 800 blizzard. Last yr while on our last trip his sled started acting up the dash was going in and out the all stopped working. But sled was still running. He said it bogged down a couple times but we were able to finish the ride. At the very end of the trip as we pulled up to the trailer it shut off. And had no spark. I just installed a new stator and pick up coils. The sled now has great spark but will not fire. Not even on starter fluid. The rpm gauge is stuck at 3000 rpm when the sled is just sitting. We have spark we have fuel. The whole motor was rebuilt 1500 miles ago. The lights dont even flicker while pulling it over.. and being a 800 this sum "edit for bad language" is hard as "edit for bad language" to pull over. Please help me out. Any suggestions would be great.. and yes I've checked the obvious.. thanks.
rev sub forum would help, but did you replace the relay? And check grounds?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rev sub forum would help, but did you replace the relay? And check grounds?

Yes I took the relay and harness out of my running sled and put it in his. Nothing. I only found 1 ground right behind the coil pack it looked fine. What I dont understand is with spark and fuel it should do somthing?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I took the relay and harness out of my running sled and put it in his. Nothing. I only found 1 ground right behind the coil pack it looked fine. What I dont understand is with spark and fuel it should do somthing?

Point me in the right direction for the rev sub forum please.

·
Ford hater
19,831 Posts

you would think so, seen weirder stuff, unless something in the pickups took a dump or the stator itself, seems to be an electrical issue, but you have spark

Reactions: Kenk4e

·
Ford hater
19,831 Posts
Point me in the right direction for the rev sub forum please.

skidoo snowmobile forums then go to mxz rev forums, a mod will end up moving this topic

·
Ford hater
19,831 Posts
Pickups backwards???
wouldnt explain how it ran then quit. If it never ran after rebuild I could see that

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wouldnt explain how it ran then quit. If it never ran after rebuild I could see that

I just Installed new stator and pickups yesturday. Now it has spark and fuel but still wont fire. The rebuild was done 2 yrs ago. Would it still get spark with a bad ecm?

·
Ford hater
19,831 Posts
I just Installed new stator and pickups yesturday. Now it has spark and fuel but still wont fire. The rebuild was done 2 yrs ago. Would it still get spark with a bad ecm?

check pickup location then, it could be backwards. Long as it's sparking the ecm sounds to be working

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
check pickup location then, it could be backwards. Long as it's sparking the ecm sounds to be working

Would you happen to no which one is top and which o e is bottom? I looked it up and thought I put it in the right order. Sucks I guess I have to take it all back apart and double check?

·
Ford hater
19,831 Posts
Would you happen to no which one is top and which o e is bottom? I looked it up and thought I put it in the right order. Sucks I guess I have to take it all back apart and double check?

off the top of my head I don't, I know others do know

·
Ford hater
19,831 Posts
Quick google search
043d083a81dea0dc4056760d013997cb.jpg

·
Registered
641 Posts
Could have the pick ups backward now, with the new stator. That doesn't explain the original problem.

You said earlier you have fuel and spark shouldn't it run?

No. It needs compression too.

It sounds like you're assuming that because the rebuild was done 2 years ago, that it had good compression HAS to be good. That's not always the case.

You also said that it's really hard to pull over. Unless you have your clutch off, it sounds like you have a mechanical problem. Ie: bad crank bearings, scored piston/ jugs, or maybe something as simple as too much starting fluid in it, which can hydro lock the engine.

I had a 2 stroke that had low compression and was super hard to roll over. I replaced the jugs and pistons and rings. I screwed myself over. I never checked the crank bearings. It was still hard to pull over afterwards. Turns out I rebuilt a motor with a bad bottom end, and still wouldn't run.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could have the pick ups backward now, with the new stator. That doesn't explain the original problem.

You said earlier you have fuel and spark shouldn't it run?

No. It needs compression too.

It sounds like you're assuming that because the rebuild was done 2 years ago, that it had good compression HAS to be good. That's not always the case.

You also said that it's really hard to pull over. Unless you have your clutch off, it sounds like you have a mechanical problem. Ie: bad crank bearings, scored piston/ jugs, or maybe something as simple as too much starting fluid in it, which can hydro lock the engine.

I had a 2 stroke that had low compression and was super hard to roll over. I replaced the jugs and pistons and rings. I screwed myself over. I never checked the crank bearings. It was still hard to pull over afterwards. Turns out I rebuilt a motor with a bad bottom end, and still wouldn't run.

I will run the compression test tomorrow and we can continue the conversation after I see what its putting out.
Thanks..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts