1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Gates carbon cord if you want to save a little money

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
I blew the stupid 197 belts and 166 belts every 1000 miles. I'm running an ultimax xs-803 belt currently and it has been great for me. Close to 2000 miles still looks great. And my clutches are not right... They are burning hot after a WOT run and it keeps taking the abuse

·
Registered
16,788 Posts
And my clutches are not right... They are burning hot after a WOT run and it keeps taking the abuse
You might want to address that lol

My primary and Formula secondary are warm to the touch after full throttle pulls

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
You might want to address that lol

My primary and Formula secondary are warm to the touch after full throttle pulls
oh yes I will be! I figure one more ride it can wait

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
I blew the stupid 197 belts and 166 belts every 1000 miles. I'm running an ultimax xs-803 belt currently and it has been great for me. Close to 2000 miles still looks great. And my clutches are not right... They are burning hot after a WOT run and it keeps taking the abuse
I always ran the 383 belt in my 600 SDI. Go thru the primary clean the sheaves get a floating secondary and use a hole saw to put some cooling vents in the clutch cover or simply remove the plastic portion of the cover you'll be surprised how much cooler your clutches will run. You can always put a vent in the shock tower and one in the side pod and lower the heat even more

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
I always ran the 383 belt in my 600 SDI. Go thru the primary clean the sheaves get a floating secondary and use a hole saw to put some cooling vents in the clutch cover or simply remove the plastic portion of the cover you'll be surprised how much cooler your clutches will run. You can always put a vent in the shock tower and one in the side pod and lower the heat even more
I have been in both clutches more times than I could count. I drilled holes in clutch cover and removed plastic piece years ago. I'm not about drilling
Holes in my sled it's unnecessary to me. I'm definitely getting a floating spacer for next season.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Never had a problem with my 600 as far as heat my 800 different story if your 600 are getting hot there either dirty belts not running in the right position secondary needs attention or primary I run gates the run fine

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ultimax XS here also! Removed the plastic guard and tool kit since the sled was new. Added an extra air filter in the side door panel to prevent belt dust getting into the carbs. There's nt a very good seal there from stock form. Did all this since new from all the info I learned on Doo talk. Over 8000 trouble free miles.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I put a 197 belt on, brand new and no matter how loose I set the deflection it creep on the ground and wants to stall. This is my first year with this machine, bought it used for my son. could it be the motor mount adjustment is too tight pushing the clutches apart to far??

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I put a 197 belt on, brand new and no matter how loose I set the deflection it creep on the ground and wants to stall. This is my first year with this machine, bought it used for my son. could it be the motor mount adjustment is too tight pushing the clutches apart to far??
Not likely unless your motor mounts are bad. Check the clutch alignment. Does the belt sit above the secondary when fully closed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts