Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2007 mach z 1000 blew motor up bad blow bent rod hole in case. I had it fixed new remann crank from crank shop all the parts to rebuild from them. Put all together by the book and now I went to fire it it won't start. Dump pre mix gas down plug holes nothing won't even fire pop nothing. Got spark any ideas. Dealer says I have the pick up in backwards behind the flywheel?

·
Premium Member
27,907 Posts
I didn't know the pickup would fit backwards..........He's obviously talking about a carb sled........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For sure I will forget his number. I ended up taking the recoil off and went to remove the flywheel and as I was tighteng the puller the flywheel fell off. I looked in the wheel and a piece of the flywheel broke off like that chrome plating or whatever it is they use over the magnet was stuck in the very back of the magnet. Tried new used flywheel and fired rite up!

·
Premium Member
27,907 Posts
I knew it was simple, I just couldn't remember it. Same thing happened with four stroke Briggs rebuild. I had trouble securing the magneto and after a few combustion strokes the magneto would lose it's position and quit.

It is guaranteed to fire and explosion with a little gas the spark at anywhere near the right timing,

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am new to the site but appreciate all the information that is shared as it has helped me tremendously with putting this MXZ 1000 engine together. I bought a 2006 MXZ Renegade X 1000 with a bad rod bearing at a reasonable price to rebuild for my "new" sled as I have had my triple 800 apart and together many times.

I need a little advice from the experts here. The rebuild/repair went fine with a new crank and pistons/rings. Everything went together well, buttoned it last week and started on the first crank (electric start). I did follow the skidoo manual when reassembling it as well as reading several post on this site so am confident I didn't miss anything. I took my boys to Gaylord, MI saturday for their initiation to riding the trails. Everything was going ok with about 25 miles of riding until the battery light began to blink along with a beeping sound. I turned the sled off to investigate. Nothing apparent. I tried to restart with the electric start and just got clicking. I pull started it and it started up so I put on my helmet. I gave it a little throttle and it died. Tried a few more pulls and nothing. I towed it back to the truck, loaded the sleds and drove back home.

This morning I measured the battery voltage at 11.8v. I put it on the charger to 12.66 volts. I went to start it to take it off the trailer and it won't start. It cranks over strong with the electric start but seems like it is not getting gas or spark to fire it up. I have read a lot yesterday on this site about a potential voltage regulator problem so I was prepared to take a lot of voltage and amp measurements to deduce the original problem of why it died on the trails.

Would the voltage regulator cause the sled not to start (i.e. no spark to the plugs)? Thanks in advance for any advice provided.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I am new to the site but appreciate all the information that is shared as it has helped me tremendously with putting this MXZ 1000 engine together. I bought a 2006 MXZ Renegade X 1000 with a bad rod bearing at a reasonable price to rebuild for my "new" sled as I have had my triple 800 apart and together many times.

I need a little advice from the experts here. The rebuild/repair went fine with a new crank and pistons/rings. Everything went together well, buttoned it last week and started on the first crank (electric start). I did follow the skidoo manual when reassembling it as well as reading several post on this site so am confident I didn't miss anything. I took my boys to Gaylord, MI saturday for their initiation to riding the trails. Everything was going ok with about 25 miles of riding until the battery light began to blink along with a beeping sound. I turned the sled off to investigate. Nothing apparent. I tried to restart with the electric start and just got clicking. I pull started it and it started up so I put on my helmet. I gave it a little throttle and it died. Tried a few more pulls and nothing. I towed it back to the truck, loaded the sleds and drove back home.

This morning I measured the battery voltage at 11.8v. I put it on the charger to 12.66 volts. I went to start it to take it off the trailer and it won't start. It cranks over strong with the electric start but seems like it is not getting gas or spark to fire it up. I have read a lot yesterday on this site about a potential voltage regulator problem so I was prepared to take a lot of voltage and amp measurements to deduce the original problem of why it died on the trails.

Would the voltage regulator cause the sled not to start (i.e. no spark to the plugs)? Thanks in advance for any advice provided.
Check for the large fuel line that goes to the bottom of your engine, the fuel line/hose might be buckled/pinched. Also, when the sled stops when you press on the throttle, sounds like your Throttle Positioning Censor. Your voltage regulator wouldn't be the problem to what you're describing, if you had a fouled regulator, your lights wouldn't work. Take out your plugs and do the standard check for a spark, no spark, then it is your coils.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for feedback timewarfare. no spark on the plugs so went right to the fuses. blown 10A. replaced it, put the plugs back in and fired right up. not hearing the pumps come on should have clued me into the fuses off the bat. now have to find the reason the battery went dead on the trail in the first place. from what I have read on other posts, there are some voltage and amp measurements I need to take. Not tonight though, more tomorrow. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts