Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am fairly new to the snowmobile world and acquired a wrecked 2005 Mach z on a trade. In my travels across the Facebook marketplace I found a 2007 chassis with a blown engine. I had a local guy swap the 2005 motor into the 2007 chassis. I ran this sled all year last year but towards the end of the season I ran into some electrical issues that include: speedo not working, fuel gauge not working, (tach does work). I also have a problem with the sled still drawing power and gauges/fuel pump cycling when the kill switch is off. And after a recent start up my sled had a very low idle and would not stay running unless some throttle was given. I know this is a lot but figured I would ask around here to try and narrow down some of my issues before tearing into them on my own with little knowledge. Thank you in advance for the help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
For the sled turning on and off with the key out/kill switch off could be an aftermarket voltage regulator. I replaced mine with an aftermarket regular and it was doing just that. I think it backfeeds into the wire that detects engine rotation when you pull the rope. I put a OEM regulator in and its been fine since.

·
Premium Member
28,769 Posts
For the cycling, simply disconnect the plug with the single White/Violet wire. Shield and secure it to keep from shorting to ground.

Gauges need more voltage than the ECM to work and run the sled. It should be fine once the voltage drop diagnosed, typically across the Run R1 relay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts