Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bottom of the air box is hitting the frame and rattling like crazy. I tried to loosen boots and readjust but they just sag. Is something suppose to hold it up or just boots?

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
Nothing holds it, just the boots. I used some foam tape like the stuff used for around windows to stop the rattle. You can also put some on the bottom of the hood where it contacts the headlight to stop that rattle too.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,048 Posts
Nothing holds it, just the boots. I used some foam tape like the stuff used for around windows to stop the rattle. You can also put some on the bottom of the hood where it contacts the headlight to stop that rattle too.
Hmmmm, remember how mine rattled and what the cause was?

For the OP, my reeds only had 2-3 bolts each and they were loose. Do yourself a favour, check how well the boots/reeds are fastened to the motor.

Does it do anything like this?

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes pretty close. Doesn’t seem to bounce around so much but sounds about the same.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
21,048 Posts
I took this video last week, at 0:13 you can see my air box. For comparison.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my third rev and never had this issue before. Will check boot bolts though and make sure.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I am having the same problem with mine , that air box is like a Drum it amplifies the vibration . I just today was in the garage and put a bungee cord from the top frame down to the boot hold . REV's are getting old !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts