Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Summit x 800R with fresh motor going in. Had issues with the rave valves not opening or sticking last year and was wondering if it were possible to use the old style valves out of an 04 800HO that operate of gas pressure instead of solenoid. This is effectively the same as the mod where you drill the 800r valves correct?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Can't use those valves

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There is a mod thread in the XP section that explains how to do it with good direction, search and you should find it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Can I use the older style housing with the internals from the 3D raves? Just trying to avoid drilling out the housing as I don't have a drill here wth me at school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Summer Sucks!!!!!
8,989 Posts
Can I use the older style housing with the internals from the 3D raves? Just trying to avoid drilling out the housing as I don't have a drill here wth me at school.

I'm pretty sure the new style valves (3D) will NOT fit in the old style single blade housing. True Value Hardware store??

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Gotta drill them. Talk to the maintenance guy at school and use his drill :righton

Gotta keep the solenoids plugged into the electrical and if I recall the spring needs to be removed from inside the diaphragm...

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
As MXtremeZ and Sledsrockcolorado stated.Just to be clear: You cannot use the 2004 800HO exhaust valves in a 2007 800R engine.
You can modify your 2007 800r exhaust valves. (or you could get a used set of 800r valves from a salvage place, modify them keeping your originals stock).Either way you should overhaul them with a new engine or rebuild install.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going to drill them out, should i move the spring from inside the bellows to under the cap, or get rid of them all together? Seems there is a bit of a debate over it! Thanks for all the help guys

·
Registered
25 Posts
On a side note, top end was just rebuilt went for a quick ride today. How do these plugs look
4077418add517130a27092c8401d5944.jpg
c2d718b44ecbde6ca79d77d3900c3598.jpg

I know it's best to use an old plug for jetting but all old plugs were filled with aluminum :(

Edit: Sorry for the stupid big pictures, posted from my phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts