Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Ski-Doo Rider from Northern Vermont
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
so we heard
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
I saw the same thing. I don't see where the rider is moved that far forward to give it the same ride as a REV. Did you see the suggested retail for the sleds, not one of them was under $10,000!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Looks to me like you are still sitting on the caboose (spank your butt, spank your butt) I thought it was going to be forward postioning?. Looks to me like they added a wave runner seat and added some Ski-Doo risers & hand guards to accomodate the seat. Wonder if the power to weight ratio is going to make them perform well enough with the reduction in motors ?. I would hate to see the same hype as when the RX-1 came out with the same let down. Wonder how hard it will be to throw all that weight around in the trail if the horse power didn't match..

All in all, I think they gave it the old collage try.... I like the colors, excpecially the black and yellow one.

It will have the same revues as they all do.
As their attempted to get the forward postion of the rider, all the test riders involved agreed....... "Its still not a Rev"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Nitro
Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price... $8,699* - $8,999* (w/reverse)

It's not a REV, but in my opinion, it's a big jump for Yamaha.
I wonder what class the WSA will allow it to run in?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
I am offically NOT IMPRESSED.


Looks like '06 will be another good year for BRP.


The REV still rules... And Yawnahahaha is still pumping out the same old FAT sleds. Dress them up any way you want, FAT is FAT, and those sleds are FAT.

Example: the Nytro. 1000cc's, 120HP class, 542 lbs with reverse - YIKES! THAT is FAT!

Compared to a REV-X 600 HO w/ Reverse - 464 lbs.

Thats 78 lbs heavier! I don't care how Yawnahahaha wants to spin it, those 4 strokers are BIG, FAT sleds, period.

Wow, just how stupid do they think we are?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,357 Posts
sh&% or get off the pot Yamaha. All that time and thats it. You need to hire new engineers. You can tell that alot of people are looking to go back to ya if you would pull your heads out of you arses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,031 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
I am offically NOT IMPRESSED.


Looks like '06 will be another good year for BRP.


The REV still rules... And Yawnahahaha is still pumping out the same old FAT sleds. Dress them up any way you want, FAT is FAT, and those sleds are FAT.

Example: the Nytro. 1000cc's, 120HP class, 542 lbs with reverse - YIKES! THAT is FAT!

Compared to a REV-X 600 HO w/ Reverse - 464 lbs.

Thats 78 lbs heavier! I don't care how Yawnahahaha wants to spin it, those 4 strokers are BIG, FAT sleds, period.

Wow, just how stupid do they think we are?
[snapback]303170[/snapback]​
Couldn't agree with you more Mx-Z man. Fat is Fat you said it.

Why the hell doesn't Yamaha just build the sled we ALL know they can??

The real aggressive riders care NOTHING about 4 strokes... They are just too heavy and slow....

Funny to me how Bender spouts off how great Yamaha sleds are but his kid races a Poo IQ 440
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,894 Posts
MX-Z Man said:
I am offically NOT IMPRESSED.


Looks like '06 will be another good year for BRP.


The REV still rules... And Yawnahahaha is still pumping out the same old FAT sleds. Dress them up any way you want, FAT is FAT, and those sleds are FAT.

Example: the Nytro. 1000cc's, 120HP class, 542 lbs with reverse - YIKES! THAT is FAT!

Compared to a REV-X 600 HO w/ Reverse - 464 lbs.

Thats 78 lbs heavier! I don't care how Yawnahahaha wants to spin it, those 4 strokers are BIG, FAT sleds, period.

Wow, just how stupid do they think we are?
[snapback]303170[/snapback]​
I hate to say it, but I can't resist. I told you so!!!

As far as the 4-stroke thing goes, cc per cc they will always be heavier. Sure, you can lighten them up with exotic materials but those same materials (magnesium, etc...) can be used on two strokes as well. And yes with turbo or super charging them they can come close in terms of cc to cc horsepower but you'll always have the turbo lag, even the non-turbo charged 4 strokes take much longer to rev and produce the same power that you can get instantaneously on a 2 stroke half the size!!! I'm disgusted at what has happened to dirt bikes and I've abandoned the big 4 Japanese mfgs in favor of KTM.

Long live the two stroke !!!!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
ncapster said:
MX-Z Man said:
I am offically NOT IMPRESSED.


Looks like '06 will be another good year for BRP.


The REV still rules... And Yawnahahaha is still pumping out the same old FAT sleds. Dress them up any way you want, FAT is FAT, and those sleds are FAT.

Example: the Nytro. 1000cc's, 120HP class, 542 lbs with reverse - YIKES! THAT is FAT!

Compared to a REV-X 600 HO w/ Reverse - 464 lbs.

Thats 78 lbs heavier! I don't care how Yawnahahaha wants to spin it, those 4 strokers are BIG, FAT sleds, period.

Wow, just how stupid do they think we are?
[snapback]303170[/snapback]​
I hate to say it, but I can't resist. I told you so!!!

As far as the 4-stroke thing goes, cc per cc they will always be heavier. Sure, you can lighten them up with exotic materials but those same materials (magnesium, etc...) can be used on two strokes as well. And yes with turbo or super charging them they can come close in terms of cc to cc horsepower but you'll always have the turbo lag, even the non-turbo charged 4 strokes take much longer to rev and produce the same power that you can get instantaneously on a 2 stroke half the size!!! I'm disgusted at what has happened to dirt bikes and I've abandoned the big 4 Japanese mfgs in favor of KTM.

Long live the two stroke !!!!
[snapback]303274[/snapback]​
You may have told someone so, but I was never on this 4 stroke band wagon. Hell, I never got on the triple band wagon. When everyone else was preaching tripples i was enjoying my 583 twins, and spanking most of the 600 tripples I rode with.

I'm with you - Long Live The 2 Stroke! (Esp the SDI's!)

One more year, one more season with Yawnahahaha...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
The only real new yamaha out is the Apex their mountain sled which I think looks pretty cool and if it had a 800 twin 2 stroke in it I would probably get one. 4 strokers are fine for guys that just lake blast all day, but why can they not build a lighter 2 stroke for us mountain guys? I think they make some very good machines when it comes to quality but give us what we want. I know they should hire me to redesign their whole mountain class. Oh yeah I'm gonna need about 100K a year, and a summit rev.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I'm a loyal Doo owner, but how often do you hear of Yamaha 4-strokes burning rings, fouling plugs or really having any engine problems at all?

My engine threw a c-clip and needed a full rebuild at 3,000 miles. If a two-stroke makes it to 10,000 miles, it is an extremely high mileage sled. At 10,000 miles the Yamaha 4-strokes are due for their first engine maintenance, a valve adjustment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,002 Posts
Now, if the rumours floating around about a forced induction 4TEC twin being bolted into an RT chassis proved to be true, Doo would really be doing some severe thumping (no pun intended) on the other manu's market shares. Remember what the Mach intro did to the Fusion intro? Let's see if Doo's impecable market timing of the last couple years keeps on it's roll...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,327 Posts
labyzoune said:
What a deception, Yamaha engineer build new sled just like the old one except for the handlebar riser and the higher seat... I need more than that...
[snapback]303108[/snapback]​
You can put a pretty dress on a fat lady but in the end she is still a fat lady
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,327 Posts
SnowGoAK said:
I'm a loyal Doo owner, but how often do you hear of Yamaha 4-strokes burning rings, fouling plugs or really having any engine problems at all?

My engine threw a c-clip and needed a full rebuild at 3,000 miles. If a two-stroke makes it to 10,000 miles, it is an extremely high mileage sled. At 10,000 miles the Yamaha 4-strokes are due for their first engine maintenance, a valve adjustment.
[snapback]303462[/snapback]​
There are PLENTY of plug fouling Yam 4-strokes and they have engine problems too. ALL sleds have problems.. Doo has the least IMO.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,002 Posts
2003 Ski Doo Legend V-1000 Four Stroke mass: 578 lbs. Right from the specifications book. I believe that's with reverse. Hmmm...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Evel said:
SnowGoAK said:
I'm a loyal Doo owner, but how often do you hear of Yamaha 4-strokes burning rings, fouling plugs or really having any engine problems at all?

My engine threw a c-clip and needed a full rebuild at 3,000 miles. If a two-stroke makes it to 10,000 miles, it is an extremely high mileage sled. At 10,000 miles the Yamaha 4-strokes are due for their first engine maintenance, a valve adjustment.
[snapback]303462[/snapback]​
There are PLENTY of plug fouling Yam 4-strokes and they have engine problems too. ALL sleds have problems.. Doo has the least IMO.
[snapback]303518[/snapback]​
Wow! Their is a brand blind statement. All sleds do have problems. Yes. Nice thing about Yami is they don't hang up on you when you call about a problem. Probably cause they don't get many calls. My SC4 suspension is pretty hot. Maybe that is what is burning the slides off of it. One thing about Yami is you back may hurt at the end of the day but it is better then sitting at home waiting for yet another doo backoreder.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top