Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Temp Gauge for my 06 GTX. The instructions say to remove the speedo/tach and remove the dash to cut the 2 1/8" hole. Has anyone left the dash in and cut the hole without this disassembly?

·
Registered
954 Posts
your liable to damage wires, pop the windshield, and theres 2 smaller torx screws on the front and two larger ones in by the handlebar pole. then the pod just picks off. you can unplug the speedo and tack and put it on the bench and do what you need to do.not a big job, i would take it off to do it, but thats just me

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies. I'll remove it.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update. Did the install on the 2006. Took all of 20 minutes taking my time.

Remove 4 torx screws. 2 by the steering column and 2 on top of the light assembly. One mistake I started to do is to take the windshield itself off. No need to do that. Unlpug the tach and speedo. Remove dash assembly (the windsheild comes too).

There is no guide to center the cut on the 2006 - at least the GTX. Measure the center and cut using a 2 1/8 hole saw.

Install the gauge. (2 minutes).

Plug back in the tach, speedo and temp gauge (left side) connector.

Re-assemble dash, I used a little loctite on the torx screws.

Start and test... works.

Have a Beer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just pick up a temp gauge kit on e-bay-the kit said for rev 800 ho but is not the right one for my sled it has two connectors off from the sender,,my only has one it does not have one for the dpm..does anyone have a part number for the kit for an 06 800 ho adren. thanks for any help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts