Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not alot of Summit specifics there, a supposed weight loss of 20lbs on both the Rev and RT chassis, from another new ski design, new seat on the X's (from the 440) and tunnel/cooling changes, all 800's are PT, 600 SDI, no 700 or 800 SDI announced. Didn't see anything about making the front stronger, yet, or any major design change to the drivetrain, skids or tracks.

Not a huge move in the Summits, outside of the PT coming online. Year 4 for the Rev, doo seems to be on a 4 year lifecycle with a replacement chassis now (zx was 4, F and S were 3). Would expect the next gen of the Rev in model year 07, perhaps an early release next year.

Looks like SnoGoer/SnowWeek/Snowmobilenews got the early exclusive here, would expect something more on max sled over the weekend or by Monday, if doo does their usual thing. Looks like P will be the last to show their wares this year, assuming cat beats them out to the public, which I think they might.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
With the move to the PowerTEK, I just saved 9 grand. Ski-Doo can keep that POS.

I like the weight loss and new seat though. That seat ROCKS! (no storage though)

·
Doo Rider
3,170 Posts
yes there is a weight loss of 20lbs. the new pilot 6.9 skis. 16" wide powdermax track. HPV roller secondary clutch. new racing seat.

and it comes in a nice looking red and silver

800HO P-tek, 1000 SDI, and 600HO SDI and 550F in the lowest model

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Yeah, the snowmobilenews article doesn't mention it, but I see it's hit maxsleds, and they confirm it. Next we'll have to get the calibration and compare to the button, hyperlite, team, etc.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
So I haven't heard about the Power Tek yet...What is it just replaceing the DPM or is it a type of fuel injection..What is it??

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PT was offered on the 05 800 mxz x packages and gades. Adds a deto sensor, electronic rave values, a throttle position sensor, along with DPM. Some like it - better fuel mileage and performance, some don't. You can dump any fuel into it, supposedly, and it will adjust timing along the deto curve, and maximize performance to fuel quality.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I think the PT sounds really cool. It would be nice not having to pay for 91 octane gas. the 06 highmark x in black red and gray looks darn gooood!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts