Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

2006 Ski-Doo Lineup Highlights

9K views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  pepers215 
#1 ·
Well, we didn't get it first, but here are the highlights. This information is pulled directly from the Ski-Doo press release kits. Hopefully, there's some information that's new.

2006 Lineup Press Release

#3 ·

YES 06 SKIDOO's

#7 ·
i like the color sceme of the standard summit, and highly applaud them with more multiple engine choices to it as well( ie: 600ho sdi). i see the market screamed for a 1000 sdi renegade and they are answering up, but it just dont seem right that the mach and the summit highmark now have to share there gluttany of power with other classes.
the most impressive change is the re-design (step back to old design) to the ski's, which is better than relying on 4 rivets to hold your ski on if you wear down your runners to nothing. yes ive seen this happen , luckily we notice the problem and called it a day before that sled took a good hit on the ski's and brake the rivets.

#8 ·
soxxs22 said:
i like the color sceme of the standard summit, and highly applaud them with more multiple engine choices to it as well( ie: 600ho sdi). i see the market screamed for a 1000 sdi renegade and they are answering up, but it just dont seem right that the mach and the summit highmark now have to share there gluttany of power with other classes.
the most impressive change is the re-design (step back to old design) to the ski's, which is better than relying on 4 rivets to hold your ski on if you wear down your runners to nothing. yes ive seen this happen , luckily we notice the problem and called it a day before that sled took a good hit on the ski's and brake the rivets.
[snapback]311303[/snapback]​
Come on get real...share power with other classes..the Renegade is just a yellow RT with a long track. Its not a MXZ or a Rev. It will not handle in bumps or rough conditions, its a Mach. I agree its what the Mach needed a longer track, but the bottom line is they can't fit the 1000 into the Rev
too bad.

#11 ·
136X16

#12 ·
newm316 said:
136X16
[snapback]315623[/snapback]​
16" x 136" ? seems a little short for a summit I'm sure the shortest summit tracks are atleast 144" long.

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
snowmanx said:
newm316 said:
136X16
[snapback]315623[/snapback]​
16" x 136" ? seems a little short for a summit I'm sure the shortest summit tracks are atleast 144" long.
[snapback]316088[/snapback]​
Not absolutely sure about the X summit but I think the dealer said the 1000 would come with shorter track options - 152-159, than the 162. Sorry I should have payed more attention. I was too distraught when he said the 1000 renegade wasn't in his brochure for spring order. I'm screaming at him yes they have one, and I want it. LOL Good to hear they listened.

#16 ·
The Renegade is the only one with a 136"....the smallest you can get on a summit is a 144"

As for ski-doo's marketshare, they have 41%. which is 8% up from 2003's 33%. Polaris was predicted to take back the marketshare lead in 2005 because they had it for a while, and they were to come out with something new. But as we see, that didn't happen.

#20 ·
Gade600SDI said:
soxxs22 said:
[snapback]311303[/snapback]​
Come on get real...share power with other classes..the Renegade is just a yellow RT with a long track. Its not a MXZ or a Rev. It will not handle in bumps or rough conditions, its a Mach. I agree its what the Mach needed a longer track, but the bottom line is they can't fit the 1000 into the Rev
too bad.
[snapback]313133[/snapback]​
yes too bad they could not put it in a rev chassis ,thry would have sold me.notthin beats the rev chassis, i can ride rough trails all day and not be sore.the guys on the other chassis are hurtin but wont admit it,i love it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.