Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did the throttle ever feel like it was sticking, or even freezing? That happened to me, the it started running on 1 cyl. The prob u ask.... my carb linkage on my mag. side carb. On the top inside of the carb the bar turns to lift the slide up...there is a threaded piece inside that came unscrewed on me......put'r back in tight, checked the other carb...it was fine..and now runs great!

hope that helps

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Could be the crabs freezing or spark plug boots arcing out. i had an old 570 exciter that did the same thing, couldnt figure out what it was till one night i flipped up the hood and saw it arcing. try some vaseline or grease on the plugs then put the caps on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote name='06MXZXRenegade800' date='Feb 1 2006, 08:57 PM']

thanks for the tips, its strange you can unplug the computer and all is well for an extended period,, usually the rest of a 40 mile ride, then the next time out, its missing again, its been doing this for months, ill try the vaseline, and your my hero if that fixes it,, thanks

·
Registered
588 Posts
I read an article in one of the snow mags that stated there was a problem with the plug wire boots. apparently the rubber would break down leaving a powdery residue that would cause it to miss. Check and clean them with a q-tip dipped in alcohol then use some electrical grease for better contact. You can get the grease at any parts store. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote name='Boondocker-1' date='Feb 2 2006, 12:00 AM']

Boondocker-1/06mxzxrenegade800

you guys may be onto something, ive taken the air box off and all the lines are connected, perhaps to much moisture when in the fluff, that along with the dust may be to much for good contact. ill try it this weekend, thnx

·
Registered
104 Posts
Had same prob with mine, took it to the dealership and they said it was heavy snow ingestion. They recommended the entire hood screen pre-filter kit, which I had installed. Looks like it should work very well from now on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.