Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am getting a lot of mixed information. My question is can you take an engine from a 2004 mxz 600 ho adrenaline and put it into a 2006 mxx 500ss adrenaline. i am being told on one side that it can be done with a stator and reed valve change. Others tell me I need CDI, and carbs from the 600.

Any input greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Usually the mpem control modules are specific to each engine. I would make sure part numbers are the same. They control timing so you dont want that to be off

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually the mpem control modules are specific to each engine. I would make sure part numbers are the same. They control timing so you dont want that to be off
So if i put original stator and flywheel will that allow it to match and the timing to be right or are cranks keyed differently. I understand car engine and crank and cam position sensors but 2 stroke is a little different to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the stator, pickups, vr, and flywheel are the same

the exhaust maifold, tuned pipe, jetting, reeds and boots, clutch set up, motor mount, and mpem are differnt
So changing stator, flywheel, and pickups from original engine will do nothing. I need to change carb jets, mpem, reeds, and boots. I got the exhaust manifold with engine so am ok there. Motor out fits have had it in the sled when i found my reeds would not fit which is what made me start checking in the first place. What would the pipes do to it if I use my original ones.

I appreciate all this help.

·
Registered
7,506 Posts
im not sure about the tuned pipe it might work.

your old mpem will work also but timing curves might be a little differnt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im not sure about the tuned pipe it might work.

your old mpem will work also but timing curves might be a little differnt
I'm ok with that as long as the engine is not damaged and it has close to the same power as it did with the original engine.

This forum is awesome.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just so everyone knows this engine swap worked out perfectly. Changed stator, pickups, flywheel, and reeds. Engine runs perfectly will give it a bit of a good run and check spark plugs to see if I need to jet it differently.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Now just a pile of snow so I can ride. :D :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts