Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't mind, some of you guys with the '05 Mach Z take a look at the new X package and Renegade and comment. Alot of you guys are talking about poor suspension etc... and I would like to know if either of these packages look like they would solve alot of the issues you are talking about. I want a new sled and all you guys have me paranoid.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You should not be paranoid. I like my '05 Mach more than any sled I have ever owned. You have to realize though it does have it's limitations. There has been many complaints, but it seems you get that with anything. People like to complain. Yes, I had the plug fouling problem, but after 500 miles, which struck me as odd. My hyfax are worn more than I thought they should be, I wish the sled wasn't so heavy, but I still like this sled. I knew buying a first year sled would have the teething problems, so next year, these issues will most likely be taken care of.
The only thing that bothers me is BRP's way of dealing with some of these problems. They seem to sit back and let everyone else try to fix the problems before they get involved. The plug fouling issue kind of bothers me, because it could very well be taken care of by a flash of the ecu to lean out the bottom end. Instead they are telling you to lean the oil pump, change to a hotter plug, change oil, decomp plugs, etc, etc. I've got a dozen plugs @ $6.50 that are junk, and I hope I get some compensation for those! My buddy has a Fusion, and Polaris has had 9 updates to solve some of it's problems. BRP really hasn't had any for the Mach, where they SHOULD have!
All in all, we got a first year sled that could have had the little problems worked out if BRP would have taken a more hands on approach. Like I said, I like this sled very much, it's the manufacturer support that has me a little bummed!
Just my opinion, but I don't think you could go wrong with this sled. Use a good dealer, and you're good to go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I CHANGED MY FRONT SHOCKS, PUT FOX FLOATS ON AND WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN RIDE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM.
I ALSO PUT SIMMONS FLEX SKIS ON
I'VE HAD NO OTHER ISSUES. I'VE ONLY GONE THRU ONE SET OF PLUGS.
HANDLES GREAT IN TRAILS.
I WILL BE PUTTING IN MY HEEL CLICKER CLUTCH KIT THIS WEEK I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW THIS IS.
OTHER THAN THAT I WOULD RECOMMEND IT FOR YOUR NEXT SLED.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Recommend it only if you don't have any part failures!

My secondary broke 3 1/2 weeks ago and I'm still told they have no parts to fix it. Let me tell you, this sucks huge after spending what I did to own this sled only to have the use of a REV800 secondary as a sol'n. Sure it's better than nothing, but I'd like to know why BRP has no parts???? This makes no sense on a premium sled like the MachZ

Yes it has plug issues.... just fouled my 8th today... fuel starvation issues too.... and for some hyfax issues.... all part of a first year teething process. Hopefully they sort out the teething problems and compensate all us first year owners for all the inconvenience we've had to put up with.

Bottom line I do like the sled, and when it was together as purchased, it rocked! But given what I've been forced to experience, I will probably look elsewhere to a mfr who can support my purchase with a commitment of parts. It seems like a pretty basic consept. To bad because my dealer has been first rate. They stand to lose a customer because of BRP.

G

·
I've fouled 10 plugs in just over 300 miles. Should have the plug fouling issue solved now with oil pump setting and BR8 plugs but haven't been able to ride it since the snow left! Hyfax seems to wear quickly to a certain point and then stop. I've also had the fuel starvation problem when the tank gets down to approx. 2-3 gals. If BRP comes out with a fix to these problems, I'm very happy with this sled. If not, last Ski-Doo.
Go for the X package! That is one thing that I think I may due down the road is switch to Fox air shocks. If you push it through the heavy bumps you still may bottom out the front end. I personally love the ride of the rear skid. Put it this way, if the X package fixes the front end problem which I'm sure it would and BRP gets they're feakin act together and fixes their mistakes, I'd buy nothing else. A lot of "if's" though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have never heard such a bunch of wineing in all my life. I 've been riding sense 1968 and just joined doo talk this year. My last sled was a 99 machz. I would go through a box of plugs every year, mostly cold fouling and if they didn't foul I would get up to 300 mi. If they lasted that long I replaced them because of the noticable lost in power. The new Machz 1000 is the best thing BRP has come out with in a long time. I expect to foul a few plugs, its still a 2 cyle motor and it's the most powerful, fuel efficent, lightest, best handleing sled I've ever owned. This machine rocks. there's no comparaison to anything on the marked. I've got over 300 mi. on last set of plugs and haven't noticed any lost of power. I'm takeing it back to my dealer next wk just to have it checked out and put the de-comp plugs in just because it increase's power, no more no less. You guys complane because BRP doesn't do any thing, well how much wineing would we be hearing if you had to take it back to the dealer 9 times like the fusion or motors blowing up in cats because they twiked them to much to keep up with us. Or better yet how about the RX1 It handles heavy and needs nos. or a blower to the tune of $3000 grand or so and all you did was add more weight to the already heavy sled. They want to keep up to the Z so bad why didn't they save the money and by a Z. All you guys that a threating to buy a diffrent sled next year quit wineing and do it, BRP is the best company out there and no boby supports the dealers or costomers better then they do. Then next year I can listen to you wine about why you can't keep up with the Z.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Machz=05 said:
I have never heard such a bunch of wineing in all my life. I 've been riding sense 1968 and just joined doo talk this year. My last sled was a 99 machz. I would go through a box of plugs every year, mostly cold fouling and if they didn't foul I would get up to 300 mi. If they lasted that long I replaced them because of the noticable lost in power. The new Machz 1000 is the best thing BRP has come out with in a long time. I expect to foul a few plugs, its still a 2 cyle motor and it's the most powerful, fuel efficent, lightest, best handleing sled I've ever owned. This machine rocks. there's no comparaison to anything on the marked. I've got over 300 mi. on last set of plugs and haven't noticed any lost of power. I'm takeing it back to my dealer next wk just to have it checked out and put the de-comp plugs in just because it increase's power, no more no less. You guys complane because BRP doesn't do any thing, well how much wineing would we be hearing if you had to take it back to the dealer 9 times like the fusion or motors blowing up in cats because they twiked them to much to keep up with us. Or better yet how about the RX1 It handles heavy and needs nos. or a blower to the tune of $3000 grand or so and all you did was add more weight to the already heavy sled. They want to keep up to the Z so bad why didn't they save the money and by a Z. All you guys that a threating to buy a diffrent sled next year quit wineing and do it, BRP is the best company out there and no boby supports the dealers or costomers better then they do. Then next year I can listen to you wine about why you can't keep up with the Z.
[snapback]310191[/snapback]​
i could not have said that better myself!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
mach 2005 said:
Machz=05 said:

[snapback]310206[/snapback]​
I guess you smug fellers are just fortunate you've not had a major component fail on your 05 MachZ. Lucky to be you, I guess...... but only in your minds.

Truly the best companies, like you would blindly portray BRP to be, support their products with parts. It's a pretty simple concept....because parts actually do fail in the real world. But BRP has failed to do this for the Mach. I know they have lots of excuses, which I've heard and guys like you buy into, cuz BRP is the best....... but results are what count in the real world to most consumers.

It's the kind of blind devotion guys like you have in spades that allow companies to be mediocre in their pursuit of real customer service. Keep up the great work fellers

·
Registered
816 Posts
1Gunner said:
mach 2005 said:
Machz=05 said:

I guess you smug fellers are just fortunate you've not had a major component fail on your 05 MachZ. Lucky to be you, I guess...... but only in your minds.

Truly the best companies, like you would blindly portray BRP to be, support their products with parts. It's a pretty simple concept....because parts actually do fail in the real world. But BRP has failed to do this for the Mach. I know they have lots of excuses, which I've heard and guys like you buy into, cuz BRP is the best....... but results are what count in the real world to most consumers.

It's the kind of blind devotion guys like you have in spades that allow companies to be mediocre in their pursuit of real customer service. Keep up the great work fellers

[snapback]310495[/snapback]​
stuff happens and issues have happened to my machs. get it rideable and use it. i have dealt with brp on many problems and i will say when they have a correct fix they will do it. no gunner i am not smug and fortunate is what you make of it. so instead of buying plugs (which are warranty) or gas up at 80 miles i would suggest you leave your sled in the garage and bitch.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
mach 2005 said:
1Gunner said:
mach 2005 said:
Machz=05 said:

stuff happens and issues have happened to my machs. get it rideable and use it. i have dealt with brp on many problems and i will say when they have a correct fix they will do it. no gunner i am not smug and fortunate is what you make of it. so instead of buying plugs (which are warranty) or gas up at 80 miles i would suggest you leave your sled in the garage and bitch.
[snapback]310540[/snapback]​
That sure sounds like a smug response from a fortunate consumer.

LOL..."when they have a correct fix"

Dude I'm talking about real parts availablility for a real sled, that BRP is failing miserably in... not plug and fuel pickup issues. And yes I've put almost 500 miles on it in over 3 weeks since the clutch failed, in limp dick mode with REV800 clutch... Just what the customer paid for, in your BRP warm and fuzzy world I guess.
Just another nieve comment from the blindly devoted who chooses to ignore the obvious...
how do you ride with such a restricted perception? eyes wide closed?

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have to agree with MachZ=2005, after being on the net it is funny to hear a bunch of grown men wine. When you buy a first year sled, you are going to have issues period!!!! Everyone moans and groans about the smallest issues with their sled, shut up and ride it. I think it would be better to complain about the terrible winter we have had. Maybe we could even show some sympathy to all the businesses that are suffering from the lack of snow, who know maybe they won't be around next year. Snowmobiles are the most abused toy peroid. I think that we are luckly that they hold together as good as they do. All sleds are junk, but I bleed yellow, so it will always be a doo for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you think sleds are expensive and the customer services sucks, get into performance boating and come talk to me then.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Gunner, If I were you, I'd be "edit for bad language" to. There is no excuse for it.
Come on, You mean to tell me brp built 5000 sleds and had not one
extra secondary clutch. Sounds like brp is doing to much penny pinching.

·
Registered
15 Posts
\
JUST SO YOU KNOW, JUST GOT BACK WITH THE O5 Z ON FRIDAY. PUT ON 600 MILES AND FOULED ONLY TWO PLUGS - BOTH ON COLD START UPS. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND, HIT START ONCE WAIT TILL FUEL PUMP REACHES PRESSURE, START SLED DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS LET WARM UP AT LEAST TILL TEMP GAUGE IS BETWEEN E AND 1/4 MARK, RUNS JUST FINE 105 MPH WITH FULL GAS CADDY 40 LBS. OF SADDLE BAGS AND MY 330LB. BIG BEHIND PALNTED ON THE SEAT.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
motorbreaker said:
Gunner, If I were you, I'd be "edit for bad language" to. There is no excuse for it.
Come on, You mean to tell me brp built 5000 sleds and had not one
extra secondary clutch. Sounds like brp is doing to much penny pinching.
[snapback]310580[/snapback]​
Thankyou!!! someone who gets it!
Can't wait until my Team secondary arrives!! Should be here Mon or Tues.

formulaIII8, I'm not complaining about the cost of admission. I know full well the value and price of all my performance toys... both summer (Porsche 993 Cab and "sleeper" 21' bowrider with 400hp 383cid SB with shorty outdrive..78.9mph on GPS) and winter (3 x 1000cc sleds from 3 diff mfrs). I will gladly pay what I feel the experience is worth to me. I just won't accept poor customer treatment for no logical reason. Like motorbreaker said...5000 sleds and BRP has not 1 replacement roller clutch!!!!!
It's this kind of apathetic attitude of acceptance that will only give mfrs the confidence to continue stiffing consumers with sub-par levels of service. If you call making a valid logical point.... "wining(sp)" then you just don't get it.
Do you feel just as sorry for the thousands of people who bought Bombardier stock at over $25/share and it's now valued at just 2.80/share??? I doubt it.... But I bet they are "wining(sp)" too about the way the parent Co is running things....
To complain about the weather?? Like you can change it??

peace out, cuz in the end we are all sledders, who love hiperformance sledding, on SkiDoos......RIGHT??

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
1Gunner said:
mach 2005 said:
Machz=05 said:

Gunner, I remember your post about NEVER haveing worked on Doo clutches... Sooo did you mess up the secondary? I know you won't answer honest and on here I don't blame you as BRP will catch it for sure.. See this site works both ways.. I have never had anything but GREAT customer care from Doo and the best part is I have hardly ever needed any.. Best warranty IMO is one you never use.

Evel

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
ON COLD START UPS. HERE IS WHAT I FOUND, HIT START ONCE WAIT TILL FUEL PUMP REACHES PRESSURE, START SLED DO NOT TOUCH THE GAS LET WARM UP AT LEAST TILL TEMP GAUGE IS BETWEEN E AND 1/4 MARK

This is the exact start up procedure on ALL SDI's. Also even the old 809 tripples like to be started very much like this..

Cheers,
Evel

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Evel said:
Gunner, I remember your post about NEVER haveing worked on Doo clutches... Sooo did you mess up the secondary? I know you won't answer honest and on here I don't blame you as BRP will catch it for sure.. See this site works both ways.. I have never had anything but GREAT customer care from Doo and the best part is I have hardly ever needed any.. Best warranty IMO is one you never use.

Evel
[snapback]310688[/snapback]​
Yup that's me, and it was on here I got lots of great feedback from lots of really great Doo people on how to deal with it. Call it a hunch but you probably weren't one of them.....
were you...

And now because I'm new or better renewed to Doo (since 91 when I bought a Mach1X which BTW came without warrantee from the factory because it was listed as "off-trail only"!!) you think you know me well enough to claim I'd make a dishonest statement about messing up the clutch? But that's not the issue is it? Pretty basic tactic there EVEL. The issue is parts, or better yet...lack of!!!

But for whatever it's worth no I never opened the secondary.... and if I had, I would have definitely posted on here for instructions just like I did for the primary. You probably wouldn't have responded with help either, just like the first time.....

And yep I know Doo watches this sight, as well they should, and they know full well who I am and my dealer knows my character! You want to suck corp butt, that's your business. They want me to sing their praises, then get this dealt with with some semblance of integrity. As for my dealer, they have been first class in how they have dealt with this situation. And as for my Mach, I love it! I just wish BRP would get their act together and fix it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts