Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I am opening Pandora's box but here goes. Just got back from a 4 day trip in Quebec. Put 750 miles on my 06 Mach ZX and had absolutely zero problems. The sled is box stock other than the 25mm set screws and coolant update. While I was there, I stopped at a dealer and had the cold start updated mapping installed. I didn't notice any performance enhancement (which BRP makes clear anyway) but it did improve the starting.

The sled uses very little oil. Gas mileage was slightly worse than my buddies 800HO Powertek. I'm a little surprised by that. Performance wise, the sled is strong. Never had a chance to open it up but I did experience this. While going down a rail bed, I glanced at the speedo and noticed I was cruising at 90 mph (had no idea given the throttle was only around 3/4). I slowly squeezed the flipper and watched the digital speedo walk up to 114 mph. The amazing thing (amazing for me as I've never owned anything larger than an 800 twin) was that I still didn't have the flipper pegged. That was eneough for me given the width of the trail.

Now for the Pandora's box. I will go out on a limb and suggest that maybe most of the guys having problems are the ones who have modified their sleds. Most of the negative threads seem to come from guys who have either clutched their sleds or installed domes, pipes, etc... I'm not a mechanic but it seems to me that a sled as sophisticated as this has been programmed to run with the parts and specs established at the factory. It only seems natural that things might get a bit hairy when you deviate drastically from the specs. Oh well, just my 2 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts