Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm hoping someone can help me. I've taken the 2 nuts off to remove my fuel pump, but now I'm baffled how to get to 2 of the 3 lines going into the pump off. The main fuel line coming into the pump and the one on the opposite side of the carbs are the ones I can't get to (not enough space to work around). Do you have to take the oil tank off to reach them? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pull your pump off the frame should give you slack to get to the hose clamps
I tried that, but still don't have enough slack. Should I try pulling harder on the lines? I honestly don't know if they have slack somewhere but are being held up by tie straps.....

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
The inlet line may be held with a strap to the coolant hose behind the brake rotor. I assume that's the line you're having trouble with as the outlet and impulse lines have nothing holding them. It may be easier to unhook the inlet line at the tank and remove it with the pump. You can cut the oetiker clamp and use an automotive style fuel injection clamp as a suitable replacement.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The inlet line may be held with a strap to the coolant hose behind the brake rotor. I assume that's the line you're having trouble with as the outlet and impulse lines have nothing holding them. It may be easier to unhook the inlet line at the tank and remove it with the pump. You can cut the oetiker clamp and use an automotive style fuel injection clamp as a suitable replacement.
Thanks stealth bomber!! I think that may be my only option. I never looked behind the brake rotor as it looked real tight in there, so maybe I can check tonight and see if I can find a strap somewhere to let it free, then I'll cut that oetiker clamp. I assumed that the impulse line was holding me up too, but most likely your right, that it'll have play once I get the inlet line free. Thanks!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts