Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great time in Chishom, Minnesota Thursday thought Saturday. A few miles of bad trails mainly from Chishom to Side Lake but overall we were quite impressed. Six inches of new snow on Friday added to the fun.

However, shortly after we started riding on Thursday, the right hand grip wamer on my son's 2006 500SS adrenaline quit working. A couple of times during the three day ride it would start to work for a while then quit again. We also noticed the tail light had burned out although we can't be certain if the two problems started at the same time. We replaced the tailight (Doo gets about $6.00 for a tail light bulb) but the hand grip warmer problem ramained.

We checked the connections and junction boxes and all seemed tight. Any ideas? I need to take the 600 SDI Gade in for the new fuel mapping update as the sled went into limp mode for the first time on Saturday. I was hoping to the hand grip problem would be an easy fix.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Revulator said:
Most likely the heating element that wraps around the bar.
[snapback]737010[/snapback]​
I agree with Revulator. When mine went bad we looked and the heating element had broke. It was not put on tight and I think by grabing it a few times it bends it and the element breaks. Take it back and have it replaced.

·
Registered
2018 850MXZX, 2020 600R TNT, 2011 600 GSX
562 Posts
MY son has a 06 500ss and a week ago the right warmer became intermittent
So to the dealer and they changed it.

This weekend the left one started doing the same thing would work some times
On low but very intermittent. Back to the dealer today

Then at night -10 he flipped the high beams on and all the dash warning light
Came on and stayed on, would go off on low beam.

His warmer are not , near as warm as mine, mine will burn your hands on
High. His high is like my low.

Ski doo must have got a good deal on some warmer from their vendor

Need a poll on bad hand warmers seems to be a lot of them

Hilltop

·
Registered
10 Posts
FirstTimeRev said:
We had a great time in Chishom, Minnesota Thursday thought Saturday. A few miles of bad trails mainly from Chishom to Side Lake but overall we were quite impressed. Six inches of new snow on Friday added to the fun.

However, shortly after we started riding on Thursday, the right hand grip wamer on my son's 2006 500SS adrenaline quit working. A couple of times during the three day ride it would start to work for a while then quit again. We also noticed the tail light had burned out although we can't be certain if the two problems started at the same time. We replaced the tailight (Doo gets about $6.00 for a tail light bulb) but the hand grip warmer problem ramained.

We checked the connections and junction boxes and all seemed tight. Any ideas? I need to take the 600 SDI Gade in for the new fuel mapping update as the sled went into limp mode for the first time on Saturday. I was hoping to the hand grip problem would be an easy fix.
[snapback]736765[/snapback]​
My 05 did the same thing. The right side warmers (hand and thumb) quit. Then the kill switch started failing intermittently. But my left hand was good and warm! After riding for a few weeks figuring "I'd fix it later" I decided to pop off the steering cover. The connecter was loose and not locked and wiggled its way halfway free. Sprayed it with contact cleaner and plugged it back in. Unplugged the other side while I was there and sprayed that side too. Now my hands are burning on high and I switch to low and then to off. Kills working too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts