Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't know sleds had horns

Seriously, went out to play with my wife's new 500 today. Brought it back into the garage, and was cleaning it up. She sat on it, and it sounded like a muted horn went off. She gets up, it stops. I open the front hood, and she sits on it. no horn. I shut the hood, I get the horn.

?????????

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
crack the fuel cap next time when it makes the horn sound, you'll here the vapors escape and the noise will stop. ski

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is too wild. Thanks a million guys. Is this something that happens all the time, or does it depend on fuel in tank etc. At least I know I'm not crazy and hearing things...

·
Registered
95 Posts
it all depends on how much fuel is in tank. you have to realize that the tank goes completely under you when you are on the seat. it seems like the less fuel in the tank, the more sound it makes.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Why would I want it to stop? It is fun to talk about when it happens in front of people. They look at the sled and say what is that? I just tell them my Rev speaks to me, doesn't yours?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Was cleaning up my GTX after the first ride and put hand down on the seat - darn horn went off and I jumped almost out of my shoes

G

·
GTX SPORT 600 HO said:
Why would I want it to stop? It is fun to talk about when it happens in front of people. They look at the sled and say what is that? I just tell them my Rev speaks to me, doesn't yours?

[snapback]735408[/snapback]​

G

·
When I first sat on Rev at the dealers it made the horn sound, I says to the dealer, jeez, what the hell was that? It still makes me laugh when I think about it.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
scooterdoo said:
it all depends on how much fuel is in tank. you have to realize that the tank goes completely under you when you are on the seat. it seems like the less fuel in the tank, the more sound it makes.
Yup, only 2-3 gallons in the sled. GTX sport, you got the best idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts