Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sled only had 21 miles on it and it was in for service, I went thru about 10 set of plugs so far with 21 miles. The dealer had to take my sled apart and found out that the wristpins were never hardened they were soft. They were all grooved up and the sled ran like doo-doo... The question is what to do about the plugs fouling and why did this happen to a sled that has 21 miles on it.. I paid 9000 for this sled thinking I was getting the best there was and I am very unhappy well "edit for bad language" off that this sled is working this way what the heck can Ski-doo do for me. I have been a loyal ski-doo owner but my mind has been changing with all the plug problems and customer service issues....

Daniel Branco

·
Registered
184 Posts
This is just the truth, and when your down it sucks to hear it but you got a lemon, all manufactors have these and giving up the faith on ski-doo will only lead to you going to another brand and the potential of the same problems and same customer service issues. Your dealer will fix the sled but it's going to suck for this season, but if you go to a Cat board, or Poo board they all have these same issues.

Sorry Man I hope things get better for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The delaer has fixed the problems but it is the point of customer service issues.....
But now it is the second week of Feb and I only have 21 miles on it still....

dbranco said:
My sled only had 21 miles on it and it was in for service, I went thru about 10 set of plugs so far with 21 miles. The dealer had to take my sled apart and found out that the wristpins were never hardened they were soft. They were all grooved up and the sled ran like doo-doo... The question is what to do about the plugs fouling and why did this happen to a sled that has 21 miles on it.. I paid 9000 for this sled thinking I was getting the best there was and I am very unhappy well "edit for bad language" off that this sled is working this way what the heck can Ski-doo do for me. I have been a loyal ski-doo owner but my mind has been changing with all the plug problems and customer service issues....

Daniel Branco
[snapback]298572[/snapback]​

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
dbranco said:
The delaer has fixed the problems but it is the point of customer service issues.....
But now it is the second week of Feb and I only have 21 miles on it still....

dbranco said:

Daniel Branco
[snapback]298572[/snapback]​
[snapback]298589[/snapback]​
I know exactely what you're saying, My SDI was down 45 days last year!

I was just irate because it was our best snow season in many years! Never again Doo!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I on the other hand have had good luck with my SDI. I have a feeling with going to computer technology the mechanics maybe aren't trained or don't have a clue what to look for. The worst think that happened to me was a clip bent on my track and skined the whole side of my slider from front to back.

1 Some things to check would be oil adjustment
2 Usually new sleds they add some oil to the gas so first tank could be rough
3 Make sure it has the latest ECM update (2005-3)
4 Have them check the TPS (throttle position sensor)
5 Try running BR9EYA's , ask them about BR8ECS

·
Registered
561 Posts
I would look to see if their is a lemon law in your area. If there is go for it.

[RANT ON]I don't understand why people that buy new sleds/ATV's/PWC/etc. don't pursue the manuf. to lemon law them when they have constant problems. Auto manufacturers buy back vehicles all the time why shouldn't these recreation manuf. do the same? Maybe it would cause them to get their sh&% together if more people pursued it. I'll say this, if I had the same problem happen over and over on my brand new sled, Skidoo would be buying the POS back! [RANT OFF]

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

But I must tell you about my experience w/my 2005 600 sdi X.

My sled has been perfect, yeah I have fouled 3 plugs, 2 of them fooling around riding in and out of my enclosed trailer trying out my ski guides and track mats we just installed. And 1 plug when started out to soon after starting the sled when it was warm. I have electric start (AWSOME) and wait at least 5 seconds after all the test lights go out on the speedo. The 1 time I did not wait I fouled that plug.
I was in below 0 weather last week and the other guys were pulling there guts out and I just hit the button and let her warm up for a few minutes befor moving it.

Sure I have a slider wear, I even brought an extra set with me last week on my trip. But after 400 miles it seemed to level off, I will keep my eye on it, and have an extra set ready to go. 800+ miles and they look O.K..

I love the ride and the precision skis, with a little set up the sled is on rails.

I have let a lot of people ride my sled and they all want to ride a REV now.

·
Registered
541 Posts
FlipMode said:
I on the other hand have had good luck with my SDI.
1 Some things to check would be oil adjustment
2 Usually new sleds they add some oil to the gas so first tank could be rough
3 Make sure it has the latest ECM update (2005-3)
4 Have them check the TPS (throttle position sensor)
5 Try running BR9EYA's , ask them about BR8ECS
[snapback]298653[/snapback]​
DITTO!!! my GSX has been awesome...NOT perfect but awesome. had to replace a pto seal and they re-ringed it at the same time. only down two days! dealer service is MOST IMPORTANT!! do'nt matter what brand!! buy a cat and spend all your time with blown motor issues...or pooh with over heating problems out the ying-yang....IQ!!! check out their post's ain't pretty either. you must monitor your oil consumption to get it set accurately!! NO GAS in first tank with synthetic oil...wont seat in well. and definitely use the BR9EYA plugs because there is something screwy goin on with those BR9ECS plugs. i fould 3 BR9ECS this season and now use the EYA's and NOT a problem since. the TPS is an excellent advice too!!! get'er'done!!! you will find that to be an awesome sled...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Inkmann said:
I am sorry to hear you are having problems.

But I must tell you about my experience w/my 2005 600 sdi X.

My sled has been perfect, yeah I have fouled 3 plugs, 2 of them fooling around riding in and out of my enclosed trailer trying out my ski guides and track mats we just installed. And 1 plug when started out to soon after starting the sled when it was warm. I have electric start (AWSOME) and wait at least 5 seconds after all the test lights go out on the speedo. The 1 time I did not wait I fouled that plug.
I was in below 0 weather last week and the other guys were pulling there guts out and I just hit the button and let her warm up for a few minutes befor moving it.

Sure I have a slider wear, I even brought an extra set with me last week on my trip. But after 400 miles it seemed to level off, I will keep my eye on it, and have an extra set ready to go. 800+ miles and they look O.K..

I love the ride and the precision skis, with a little set up the sled is on rails.

I have let a lot of people ride my sled and they all want to ride a REV now.

[snapback]298703[/snapback]​
HEY!!!STOP LETTING OTHER PEOPLE RIDE YOUR SLED!!! or we won't have ANY competition left out there to harass!! i won't let my friends ride mine!! i''d never get it back!!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That sucks bud. Make sure they take care of you. With these expensive toys the #1 thing you can ask for is the service from your dealer. If they don't take care of you then that is a problem.

I don't blame you for ranting. As somebody else mentioned, it's not necessarily a Ski-Doo problem (all brands..and toys seem to have these types of lemons occasionally) but even so, BRP and that dealer should be kissing your "edit for bad language" to help you out. Do they have a demo sled they can let you ride on? It stinks that you're missing your winter.

·
Registered
345 Posts
1300 miles on my 05 X 600SDI and it's been good. Fouled plugs until I had the TPS adjusted by the dealer. It's been flawless since. 18-19 mpg, good oil consumption, strong power. I feel bad for you and your problems though. That sucks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I thought BR9ECS were the only plugs you should run in an SDI??

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
My sled only had 21 miles on it and it was in for service, I went thru about 10 set of plugs so far with 21 miles.
I too a sorry you are having problems, our season is short enough!

But get another dealer, the wrist pins are soft, that is a good one!

How come it takes some so long to find out they need a new dealer?? unfortunatly, just beacuse they sell ski-doo DOES NOT mean they know anything about them! And of course the average rider, that knows even less is screwed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My sled's been great. Have yet to foul a plug with 468mls on it. Rode with the precisions for the 1st 200mls. The sled pushed too much for me. Installed a set of C&A adx skis and love the way it handles now. Wish we were having a better winter here on the east is my only complanit. Good luck with your sled.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I wonder WHO is responsible for selecting these "Dealers"? HMMMM.
............Oh yeah its the same people that built these sleds!
Shocker huh?

·
Registered
392 Posts
HEY BUDDY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR PROBLEMS, GET THE FIRST TANK OF FUEL BURNED OUT OF IT AND STOP USING FULL SYNTHETIC OIL, USE THE SEMI SYNTHETIC I HEARD FULL SYN. IS THE PROBLEM ALSO. RIDE IT HARD DON'T SISSY FOOT AROUND..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts