Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,932 Posts
I use the NGK Iridium plugs. Haven't had any issues with them.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.
If the BR9ECSIX fouls it can be heated with a propane torch. It is the same as when the plug heats and cleans itself up in the combustion chamber. I can only imagine how many good plugs get thrown out every year.

·
Premium Member
27,932 Posts
Are you up and running without the backfires?

·
Registered
136 Posts
If the BR9ECSIX fouls it can be heated with a propane torch. It is the same as when the plug heats and cleans itself up in the combustion chamber. I can only imagine how many good plugs get thrown out every year.
Can you treat all plugs with a torch or only that kind?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
27,932 Posts
Can you treat all plugs with a torch or only that kind?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
All of them. What it does is burn the residue which normally happens during combustion. Three typical examples are shown in the video linked below. The one I refer to most often is fuel fouling shown at the 15-17 second mark, but it won't look yellow like in that example.

The cleaning is mentioned at the 1m20s - 1m28s mark. It says in many cases the plug cannot be cleaned sufficiently to restore normal operation. My focus is with those times that it can be cleaned, which is most times from my experience.

The video does not show what the spark looks like when it has fuel fouled. Use a magnifying glass - preferable a 7x for weak eyes - to see the spark jump beyond the firing tip. You can also do this with a brand new plug and cause a fuel foul by giving it throttle as it is beginning to warm up, then shut the engine and repeat until it fouls a plug and runs on one cylinder. Then clean the plug on a wire wheel and take another look at the spark. That plug had no damage, it is just dirty.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts