Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 2005 Ski Doo SDI 600 it has been backfiring a lot. I always hear people say the sdi's are known to do this. I am running br8ecs plugs and the plugs are definitely fouled, should I change to br9ecs plugs? I've checked in take boots they look fine no cracks. The sled idles fine but when you are on the gas and let off it backfires like its loading its self up, I would appreciate any help I could get.

·
Registered
127 Posts
You should try br9eya plugs. They should foul less and they replace the br9es plugs that should be in your machine.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27,766 Posts
Injectors and check voltage at the battery while it is idling. Then TPS.

By the way, who are all these people who say the SDI's are known for backfiring?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

By the way, who are all these people who say the SDI's are known for backfiring?
Just put a fresh battery in about a month ago will check it though. And I've seen a few people online say SDI's are known to backfire.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,653 Posts
Just put a fresh battery in about a month ago will check it though. And I've seen a few people online say SDI's are known to backfire.
Those people have issues they haven't fixed then. When running right there should be no backfire and hold on tight.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

Reactions: Daag44

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

What do you recommend to clean injectors should I put some injector cleaner in my gas or what?

·
Registered
27,766 Posts
What do you recommend to clean injectors should I put some injector cleaner in my gas or what?
There are several. XPS, Yamaha and Seafoam all sell products for this. I had never ever heard of Seafoam before I joined DooTalk, so I gave it a shot and it worked for what I needed.

XPS Carbon Free Fuel Treatment
Yamalube Ring Free Plus

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,653 Posts
You might need to do more than put additives in your gas. I use seafoam as a preventative measure and for storage. You might need to pull the injectors and clean them. In my case, I did a home clean and that improved the issue, but didn't elminate it. But it was a good indicator I was on the right track. Once I had them cleaned professionally the issue went away.

This was the home remedy I followed, give it a shot and see if it helps.

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,653 Posts
I use the NGK Iridium plugs. Haven't had any issues with them.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts