Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '05 Ski Doo 600, and it is always pushing and hooking through the corners. What I mean by this is you will be going through the corner and it will all of the sudden hook, then let loose and start to push, and cycle through this constantly through the corners. Does any body have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
chevymaster_08 said:
I have a '05 Ski Doo 600, and it is always pushing and hooking through the corners. What I mean by this is you will be going through the corner and it will all of the sudden hook, then let loose and start to push, and cycle through this constantly through the corners. Does any body have any suggestions?

[snapback]752190[/snapback]​
If you still have the stock skis get rid of them and get an aftermarket set. i have the razors on my 600 rev and it is twice the sled it was and it totally eliminates all pushing and darting issues I had.

·
Registered
654 Posts
It's hard to just ride these things through corners.
It's all or nothing.
When the ski's hook, come on to her and get it leaning out,
and put force on the outside ski.
If you don't, the sled sits back and it's straight you go.
My 04 Gade was like this with precisions
but once I got the nerve to go for it, all was good.
More ski weight might be the ticket.
But if you crank the front springs on the ski's they will just dart more.
A stronger setting on the front skid shock spring might give more
transfer when you tap the brakes.
I don't know if any ski will fix the push without proper setup?
I have an 05 now with Pilots so it's a little easier.
You should get it set up so you can be cruising at 30 mph or so,
on a trail, in a field of course, and lift the inside ski on a quick turn
and keep it there with throttle.

It's hump day and I miss riding already.
Found out I get to drive my sled to work tomorrow.
Yay ride

boo work

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you have the stock skis throw them away!! Very unpredictable. I went with C&A pros . There is no push what so ever anymore. If you want a quick fix , Pull the limiter strap down a couple holes . That should help but it wont cure all.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Keep the stock skies and purchase a set of Bergstrom Triple Point carbides. I had the same issues with my 04 Renegade until I put on triple points. Call and talk to Scott.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Sounds more like toe-in setting is off. Check your toe-in and also try adjusting your transfer blocks, center spring and front spring per-load. Refer to your owners manual for suspension and ski adjustment settings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts