Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYBODY INSTALLED THESE PIPES? IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE TO DO, TO MAKE THESE WORK FUEL WISE? PIPES WILL BE HERE ON 2/8/05.

·
Registered
437 Posts
kean2003 said:
HAS ANYBODY INSTALLED THESE PIPES? IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE YOU HAVE TO DO, TO MAKE THESE WORK FUEL WISE? PIPES WILL BE HERE ON 2/8/05.
[snapback]303451[/snapback]​
Check with Billy Howard ,he has a set and said they rip!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
catgotodoo said:
kean2003 said:
[snapback]303451[/snapback]​
Check with Billy Howard ,he has a set and said they rip!
[snapback]303512[/snapback]​
What is billy howards user name?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
No ,you don't need a boon docker box or else crankshop would sell it with the pipes,that is just a box for leaning out fuel flow.extra option for more hp's

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
so how much are these pipes? I like my warranty so may wait till next yr and my wife said no more money on that thing!...............unless they are really good

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I DO HAVE A FUEL BOX COMING FROM CRANKSHOP, THEY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IT. I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW THESE WORK. WILL HAVE ON THIS WEEKEND. I ALSO HAVE A GOOWIN CLUTCH KIT ON .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JONNY,
I HAVE THE JUICE ON A 2005 800, HOLTZMAN . I THINK I AM STILL TOO RICH, OR WRONG CLUTCHING . WHAT DID YOU DO TO EXPERIMENT WITH YOUR SLEDS IN THE PAST?

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Your clutch kit will be off when you put on the pipes. You can't use a clutch kit designed for a stock motor and then add twin pipes.

·
Registered
413 Posts
MachZ990 said:
Your clutch kit will be off when you put on the pipes. You can't use a clutch kit designed for a stock motor and then add twin pipes.
[snapback]308004[/snapback]​
Its only 12 hp i can just add more pin to it . I run 19 grams now with 250-380
and notched ramp 3700rpm engagment. also the pipes run at 8000rpm. right
now i run 7700 rpm on #2 may be the new power will pull it up there. I seen that before.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How is the fit and finish of these pipes..Nothing worse than installing pipes and melting foam and plastic..

·
Registered
124 Posts
I saw these in a sled in St. Albans VT last weekend. The sled ran around all day, it was 45F and sunny. I was looking at it in the middle of the afternoon the pipes didn't seem to cause any problems with the plastic and the fit was clean, no heat tape covering everything. Sound was really throaty and good but not too loud at all. The sled looked very fast, left the line quick on trail studs, only saw it go down the track alone not running against other sleds side by side so speed was hard to judge but my MachZ does not launch like that even when I tried picks on the ice. The motor sounded like it just revved quicker. Been thinking about calling them all week but if I do I know I'll buy a set and I really can't afford to do that until my taxes come back!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts