Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I WANT TO PUT THE 05 MAPPING BACK IN MY MACH. I WILL TRY IT ON THE LAKE THIS SATURDAY THEN TAKE IT TO THE DEALER, GET THE 05 MAPPING REINSTALLED THEN BACK TO THE LAKE AGAIN TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN A COUPLE OF RUNS TO NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE? AND SHOULD I AUTOMATICALLY DO THE ONE DEGREE TIMING ADVANCE WITH THE MAPPING OR SHOULD I WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS. WHAT ARE YOUR GUYS EXPERIENCES? I TRIED SEARCHING BUT THERE IS A MILLION POSTS ABOUT REMAPPING. I HAVE A VERY LIMITED BUDGET AND AM A WANT TO BE TUNER. I AM STILL LEARNING ALL THIS STUFF (MOST OF YOU GUYS MAKE FOR AWESOME READING). MY MACH GETS 119MPH ON SPEEDO ON ICE WITH 1 1/4 RIPSAW AND 168 STUDS AND MAINLY STOCK CLUTCHING. 140 LB RIDER. I ALSO WANT TO TRY TO ADD PIN WEIGHT. 16.5 GRAMS SEEMS TO BE THE NORMAL WEIGHT ON HERE.

THANKS,

TED

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey brian. i didn't know you played with the updates. at least now the dealer can advance the timing. i plan on doing 15 to 20 runs saturday morning and recording them. then to the dealer for updates and timimg advance then back to the lake for another 15 to 20 runs to see the difference. if that works, we'll talk clutching. i should be there about 8 or 9 am staurday if its not spring again. i'll be in your area on wednesday and maybe we can doo lunch. i will really pay for lunch this time ( hahahahaha )

·
Registered
215 Posts
EA SPORTS said:
I WANT TO PUT THE 05 MAPPING BACK IN MY MACH. I WILL TRY IT ON THE LAKE THIS SATURDAY THEN TAKE IT TO THE DEALER, GET THE 05 MAPPING REINSTALLED THEN BACK TO THE LAKE AGAIN TO SEE THE DIFFERENCE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT WILL TAKE MORE THAN A COUPLE OF RUNS TO NOTICE THE DIFFERENCE? AND SHOULD I AUTOMATICALLY DO THE ONE DEGREE TIMING ADVANCE WITH THE MAPPING OR SHOULD I WAIT TO SEE WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS. WHAT ARE YOUR GUYS EXPERIENCES? I TRIED SEARCHING BUT THERE IS A MILLION POSTS ABOUT REMAPPING. I HAVE A VERY LIMITED BUDGET AND AM A WANT TO BE TUNER. I AM STILL LEARNING ALL THIS STUFF (MOST OF YOU GUYS MAKE FOR AWESOME READING). MY MACH GETS 119MPH ON SPEEDO ON ICE WITH 1 1/4 RIPSAW AND 168 STUDS AND MAINLY STOCK CLUTCHING. 140 LB RIDER. I ALSO WANT TO TRY TO ADD PIN WEIGHT. 16.5 GRAMS SEEMS TO BE THE NORMAL WEIGHT ON HERE.

THANKS,

TED
[snapback]726192[/snapback]​
With 06 updates I ran on the hardpack on the lake 10 passes,I got 120mph on the digital speedo.
I had it reflashed back to my 05 mapping,plus added the 1 additional degree of timing,And went back to the same place to run it and it had snowed out,So conditions were worse now,Ran the sled down the same path but it was now covered with about 6 inches of loose snow.On the digital it ran the exact same mph; 120mph.So I think it is faster,Being able to run 120mph in powder snow is pretty good.And I havent tried it on Ice yet but I know it is gonna put a smile on my face.
I had a bad bogg of the line with the 06 program,with the 05 back in no more bogg.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice looking sled joewin. love the freestyle bee. i thought about doing my sled all balck with that on the sides but i went with the xps look instead. i hope the mapping works for me. i will post results. i do not have a radar gun so it will be speedo numbers unless they are having radar runs this weekend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts