Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I have been trying to find out what happened between Carr and VanMeter and SkiDoo?and why they are back to Arctic Cats, no one I talk to know what happened. I would have thought since SkiDoo finally got a win with these two at the helm, they would have done all they could to keep them on the Doos...oh well only 13 more days till the start
Thanks in advance for any information... John

·
Registered
39 Posts
renegade_mxz700 said:
Just hoping someone can shed some light on this issue. I have been trying to find out what happened between Carr and VanMeter and SkiDoo?and why they are back to Arctic Cats, no one I talk to know what happened. I would have thought since SkiDoo finally got a win with these two at the helm, they would have done all they could to keep them on the Doos...oh well only 13 more days till the start
Thanks in advance for any information... John
[snapback]292837[/snapback]​
Reportedly Ski-Doo was unwilling to provide support for them but Arctic Cat would. It is too bad as I was hoping to see Ski-Doo win again.

I have a few pictures from the start of last year's race on my website if interested. I don't know if we'll be getting to see the finish or start this year as it no longer includes Fairbanks in the race course.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.
I know it stinks that they no longer include Fairbanks in the race route. I enjoyed going down to Pikes to watch and have a good time. yeah I know my profile says Talkeetna, but I have been living and working in Fairbanks the last few years and still go down to Talkeetna to ride when I get a chance.

Ski Doo still has a good chance to win this year though. The trail to Nome from Big Lake is full of moguls and is really rough on the sleds, so hopefully the Ski Doo's toughness and ability to soak up the moguls will give them an edge. Thanks again for the heads up on the situation with Carr and Van Meter. John

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Irondog race doesn't look too good for a repeat Ski-Doo win this year.

As of 2/15/05, 11:55 AM Alaska Standard time 3 of the 5 Ski-Doo teams running the 2005 Irondog has scratch from the race. The first team to scratch was Black/Kropp due to illness. The other two teams to scratch are Everard/Stelling and Dick/Brewer. The team of Dick/Brewer was the only "Pro" team for Ski-Doo, was a favorite to win, the other four teams were all rookies.

For updates check out Irondog 2000

·
Registered
39 Posts
Latest update from the Irondog as of 2/15/05 2:11 PM Alaska Standard time. Four of the five teams racing Ski-Doos have now scratch from the race. The only team representing Ski-Doo is a retired Alaska State Trooper and his partner. The team of Folger/Glass have left McGrath in last place. Glass is 61 years old I believe and stated before the race that he wasn't trying to win just finish. Hopefully they will at least finish the race.

After last years win by Ski-Doo I was hoping that there would be more teams racing Ski-Doos entered this year. My son and I had planned on entering but were unable due to a lack of financial support. Hopefully next year there will be more teams representing Ski-Doo.

For more updates visit Irondog 2000

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the updates fsrab. I do not know if you have noticed, but there is a pretty good thread about the race over on the REV Performance chassis Forum here on DOOTalk. It has been a disapointing year for SkiDoo, but it just the name of the game where anything can happen to anyone out there..There is always next year. Hopefully SkiDoo will cough up some sponsorship for these guys.. I know it takes quite a few years of running the race before becoming really familiar with the race and what needs to be done to win it. We will see next year though.

thanks again and sorry for rambling on

1 - 8 of 8 Posts