Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran a search and getting conflicting answers, what are the stock gears? BTW this is not a renegade. Wife wants it snappier low end and I thought I'd go down 2 teeth on top but want to buy the gear before I take the chaincase apart. I've seen both 23/43 and 22/43, I believe 13 wide. Any other suggestions or experiences would be appreciated.

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

·
Registered
303 Posts
my 04 came with a 22......just changed to a 21, it is for sure a bit better when its tight and twisty but IMO nothing great.

To be honest, all 600 SDI sled that I have rode tend to be soft on the bottom, esp compared to the 500 ss motor.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
04 MXZX SDI 22-43
Renegades might have came with 21-43.

Why don't you just pull the 4 cover bolts, and count the teeth. then put the cover back on and add some fluid and keep riding??????

Oh yeah the Battery on the SDI is in a "edit for bad language" poor location!

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys.

·
www.kalcoinspections.com
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Deadman said:
04 MXZX SDI 22-43
Renegades might have came with 21-43.

Why don't you just pull the 4 cover bolts, and count the teeth. then put the cover back on and add some fluid and keep riding??????

Oh yeah the Battery on the SDI is in a "edit for bad language" poor location!

[snapback]740933[/snapback]​
That is why I am asking first before I buy. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
randy_cr_03 said:
mine is x package and had 22 43, and yes 13 link wide chain, I put a 45 on the bottom and used the stock chain.
[snapback]740771[/snapback]​
Ditto.

If it were me I'd start by going up two on bottom (almost straight chain) and if you still want it geared lower go down one on top. Assuming its clutched, which I would say should come first if you want bottom end responsiveness.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts