Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
motor mods can be dependable and sometimes more dependable than stock,on that motor there really isnt any one thing you can do to get alot out of it, trail porting and doing a better job at champfering the ports than the factory did will get you a few and make the engine more reliable, billet head will have more cooling transfer ability and as long as you dont raise the compression ratio to much will also make it more reliable,overall that is a good motor,just making sure the factory settings are spot on will make that a great sled. have the tachometer checked for calibration some tachs can be off by 300-400 rpm's and that will cost you power .

·
Just the Tip!!
2,504 Posts
Boyesen Reed petals, RK tech head is the best choice preferably, and an AAEN pipe and double core silencer will save u 15lbs and add 6h.p.
Porting on this sled is weak get some trail porting done and it will wake it right up on mid range and top end.
Leave the clutching alone it is pretty much spot on unless you want to raise your engagement for better holeshots go to a pink/white 230-380 primary or a Red goodwin 215-375 this should up it to 4500 Rpm engagement.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I would forget engine MODS. You won't get much, it will cost a lot of money (little bang for the buck), why mess with reliability, besides, why wreck an already good thing?

I would work on suspension and handling. New ski's, either C & A's or Powder Pro's. These will make a huge difference.

Look at a nice rebuildable shock. Custom Axis is blowing out their Penske Racing shocks. Aluminum bodied, huge rods one screw comp/rebound adjustable, custom tuned for your weight/riding style, fully rebuildable. They were selling for over $800, now $350. Doo 03' rebuildable shocks will also work and are about $277 each.

Depending on your riding style a set of risers will help for agressive riding style. And work on your suspension set up. You wouldn't think so but that can make a big difference on its own.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Clutch kit, gearing

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
For full on mods, I would go with an RKT 662 motor. This motor flat out makes very good, linear power all the way to around 8300 rpm, possibly more depending on your pipe setup. I'm very happy with it at this point. Hats off to RKT, we didn't know exactly what the motor would do when we first built it, but I think it's a really good combination and will surprise much larger displacement sleds.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
whats the target rpm to shoot for when adjusting clickers?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Just put gas in the S.O.B. How much will you have to gain by changing something and seeing an end result? And what is it worth to you? Just my 2 cents. Yes those comments are open for criticism, but show me in the wallet where anyone will be better then the next. I am talking dollar for dollar.

Prove me wrong and I will convert.

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts
You guys are no fun!
For some of us, half the fun of snowmobiling, is modding!

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Rotax_Kid said:
You guys are no fun!
For some of us, half the fun of snowmobiling, is modding!
[snapback]729126[/snapback]​
He's right, it's really part of the hobby. Sometimes it's fun sometimes it's not fun. I actually giggle in my helmet while I'm riding with this motor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts