Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HAVE READ MIXED OUTCOMES ON THE 2005-3 UPDATE ON THE 04'S.MY O4 RUNS PERFECTLY WITH GOOD TOP END WITH 3900 MILES.I AM BRINGING BACK TO DEALER AFTER TALKING TO HIM TODAY BECAUSE I AM COLD START FOULING EVERY TIME IF ITS COLDER THAN 0*F.LAST YEAR IT ONLY HAPPENED A COUPLE OF TIMES.ALSO GOING TO TRY TA GET THE USE OUT SOME MORE OF MY 9.8 GALLON TANK WHICH ONLY LETS ME USE 8 GALLONS.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have had the update.....my sled did not eat plugs but was always very rich with major flames and generaly ran poopy....update has leaner idle and leaner initial throttle reponse......in my case, sled seems slightly stronger in all throttle/rpm conditions. Mine was never the best so its been an improvement all round.........no flames but big backfire when entering corner.

·
Registered
413 Posts
DRZAP said:
I HAVE READ MIXED OUTCOMES ON THE 2005-3 UPDATE ON THE 04'S.MY O4 RUNS PERFECTLY WITH GOOD TOP END WITH 3900 MILES.I AM BRINGING BACK TO DEALER AFTER TALKING TO HIM TODAY BECAUSE I AM COLD START FOULING EVERY TIME IF ITS COLDER THAN 0*F.LAST YEAR IT ONLY HAPPENED A COUPLE OF TIMES.ALSO GOING TO TRY TA GET THE USE OUT SOME MORE OF MY 9.8 GALLON TANK WHICH ONLY LETS ME USE 8 GALLONS.
[snapback]280257[/snapback]​
I have 05 600sdi gade. It was running fine but fouled a plug occassionally on cold start, and was backfiring bad. I had the 2005-3 update it seems to have helped. Have not fouled a plug and the backfire is gone. I did notice that it requires an extra pull some times to start but still never than three pulls. I am sure it is leaner now at idle. Overall it was an improvement to have the update done. Oh yea, even with the minor issues this is the best sled I have ever ridden. I've owned close to 20 sleds. All kinds.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I don't have a problem with fouling plugs or backfiring and I have the last update. With the mods I have done to my sled the WOT cut out is getting bad, when I mean bad last year it would do it once when I pin the throttle, last night it would cut out 2 or 3 times when I pin the throttle. The new update 2005-3 is suppose to fix this problem, I am taking to the dealer this week and will see this weekend and see if it corrects the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts