Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any differences between the 2005 and 2006 clutches?

I'm in the process of rebuilding and noticed the 2005 primary spring part number (414762800), is different than the 2006 (415074800), and they are different colours.

I'm reading the 2006 Race Bulletin which recommends the 414762800 primary spring on the 2006 and if they are the same clutches I'm thinking this should be the spring I should use.

Getting all the clutch info/parts and selections is a bit confusing to someone who totally depends on the published info and I suspect (hope), this is because of the various updates not mentioning backward compatibility (ie 2005).

Can anyone shed some light for me?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Assuming all other components of your clutch are in good shap, you'll want to upgrade to later spec 415074800 (pink/pink 230/250 rate) primary spring, add either the BRP 25mm set screw to thread into your stock pins, or pick yourself up an adjustable pin kit from a company like Dalton and bring the pin weight up into the 16.5g range. All of this is assuming it's still got the stock 434 ramps in place. If not, the spring rate and pin weight may need to be changed to accommodate. Check the condition of the rollers for wear excessive wear on the roller face and bushing material and replace as necessary. These sleds tend to be kinda hard on them. The same goes for the bushings in the governor cup and sliding half of the primary clutch.

The Secondary should get a fresh 414978300 violet 225/303 spring as they are generally worn out pretty regularly. The rollers in the secondary should be checked for smoothness and condition, as the bolts have been known to back out on the '05 Model Mach's. Take a look at the helix and secondary bushing for wear as well.

Fresh, clutches are pivotal to proper performance with these machines.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Gearbanger, that's what I was looking for. I'm in the process of replacing all the internal parts with stock. Now I am being told the set screws that hold the pins to the arms (417222813) are back ordered until March 10th. I'm going to try taking a similar set screw and grind it into shape to see if I can get it going.

Appreciate your help!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Ottawa fastener carries the same sized set screws in steel or stainless. Worth the trip if you need metric fasteners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts