Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I rented 03-04 550 fan Grand touring for my wife last weekend. She'd never ridden before and ended up crashing it and bending the frame (right front damage) so I bought it since the repair bill is >$2000 (they didn't offer insurance add-on, big mistake) . Anyways, my dilema is whether I buy it ($3750) and fix it (about 500 for parts if I buy a new belly pan plus beating out the frame) or if I should start parting out the sled on EBay. I just want to get out of it with the least amount of loss. Is a fixed sled with 1500 miles worth more than the parts. The only parts that are no good are the belly pan, hood hinge (hood's ok), right front shock and control bars, etc.

Skis, hood, seat, bars, engine, track assembly, gas tank, windshield, left suspension, etc are all good. How much totaling it all up would you guess?

How much could I sell it for disclosing that the front end had been damaged and repaired in upstate NY?

Thoughts? I haven't picked it up yet or completed the purchase. I could still just let the rental fix it for ~$2300 and be done with it.

Steve

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It's actually a 2004 legend GT 550Fan, 1500 miles

here's a couple of pictures of the damage. not as bad as i thought. just got to bang the shock post back to square and it should be fine. Any thoughts on value assuming I declare that the banged out frame?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Tire Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I would fix it and use it those 550 are excellent sleds. Look for cheap parts all year and have it all going for next year. Awesome sled.

·
Registered
739 Posts
dude, dump it! for 2300 to let them fix it, or 3700 for you to fix it, give it to them and let them deal with it. Yes it would be a semi easy fix and you would have a very good spare sled, but its a rental,its got probably 1500 hard miles on it and for 3700 you could buy a leftover 04-05 550 fan in a rev chassis and that sled would be much better w/o known damage and other unknown damage.
ckoz

·
Registered
325 Posts
KEEP IT! no doubt in my mind I would keep it and fix it. You can pay a couple grand or so on parts and come out with a very reliable and fun machine versis letting them fix it for 2300 and you coming out with nothing.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MXZracer670 said:
KEEP IT! no doubt in my mind I would keep it and fix it. You can pay a couple grand or so on parts and come out with a very reliable and fun machine versis letting them fix it for 2300 and you coming out with nothing.
[snapback]320782[/snapback]​
GET A DIVORCE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts