Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All...been more of an observer than a participator previously....received tons of good info from this site.

Now I have another dilemma, that I was hoping someone has encountered before. I'm running a 2004 550F SWT, with the welded steel skis. I understand that BRP ran both steel and no name plastic skis for a while on this sled before going exclusively with the Pilot skis...about 07? I am considering converting over to the plastic skis, but the conversion to BRP no name skis is going to run me $700+ from the dealer. So been considering converting to Pilot DS's...here's the thing...my pogos are square cut on the bottom...newer sleds (with Pilots) are notched on the bottom of their pogos, at the back. Has anyone done this conversion in the past, by notching their flush cut pogos? I realize that aside from this modification, there are additional bushings required as well, to widen the pogo to Pilot ski mount.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Maybe I'm cracking up but I just (last weekend) put Simmons Ski's on my 2012 SWT and don't remember any notches at the bottom of the Pogo's and it had Pilot DS or 6.7's with the 10" skins.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I just looked again. No slot, but the back is angled to be almost parallel with the ground.

Reactions: suv1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info...I should have been clearer, by notch, I meant the angled potion you are referring to. Apparently this is required for the Pilot skis. No notch - no Pilots. Other than that, I think the pogos are the same, but I have to admit until I can look at a newer machine up close, can't confirm. I do know that BRP makes a C&A mounting kit, which essentially looks like a 4x bushing and 4x washer kit to adapt the older pogos to a Pilot ski...bottom pogo pins are a different length, but diameter should be the same.

Until I can measure both side by each, or hear of someone else making this mod...I'm not keen to grind that angle to my pogos. By the way, new steel skis are just as expensive if not more the dealer route...and since I have one that has already been bent back into place thought the plastic skis would be more durable. New skins will definitely be my next step.

Thanks again for your input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts