Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started the season with a fried voltage regulator, replaced it and drove 1000 miles and blew an oil line, fixed the oil line now it won't charge, replaced the voltage regulator again and the 30am battery fuse blows when hooking it up. Is this a stator issue?

thanks

Dan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your sled sounds about the same as my 2004 800 sdi. Replaced voltage regulator last year and put 200 miles on it to finish out the season. Over the summer the oil tank started leaking underneath so I replaced that. The season started and I ran about 120 miles in 2 days and then while riding it started not charging. It was the 4 pin plug that runs from the regulator to the stator. 2 of the 4 pins had corrosion so I replaced the plug and the sled is charging again and all is good now. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to check that plug, still not charging and now is overheating, checked the thermostat and it was not sticking, coolant is not circulating as hoses are cold but engine is hot, will check the water pump next - impellor possibly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could not figure it out so sent it to the shop, he thought it was an o ring on top of the cylinder head gone bad letting antifreeze blow by, sounded like a quick easy fix, keeping my fingers crossed. There is still snow and I want to ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took it to the shop it is the crankshaft. Apparently there are gears that run the water pump and oil pump on the crank and they figure it must be stripped. We are taking a total engine rebuild for the 2nd time. This one is going to the scrap pile! Will do more reading before purchasing another sled!

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts