Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2004 ski Doo gsx sdi (fuel injection) model has a fuel problem. Just went through the entire sled all is set. But once the fuel tank gets to or below 1/2 tank it will stall and spitter at high rpms. Idles perfect still. Put a fuel gauge on it, rode it, and the pressure drops. I took the pump out and checked all the lines... All seems good. I do know this pump style was a one year thing... Starting to realize why. This pump has the internal lines and fliters. The models after were direct into the pump. I think air is getting in mid line filter once the fuel level gets lower. I'm out of options? Please HELP!

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,961 Posts
You should pull the pump out and make sure the 2 pucks in the tank are correctly placed. After buying my 04 I stopped on an incline and the sled acted like it was out of gas. I had 10L strapped to the tunnel, so I put it in and the sled started. Got to the gas station and found I was around a 1/2 tank. I pulled my pump and found the rear puck had a loop in the line causing it to be up out of the gas. I put it back in properly and haven't had an issue since.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did you put it in there? To make sure it really got to the back. I did check it... No links or anything but idk really

·
That's probably sarcasm.
2016 1200 Renegade X
20,961 Posts
I used a borescope to make sure it was right, but really just making sure the lines are flat should do it.

Sent from the Island of Misfit Toys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts