Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out riding last week after dark, temps in the mid 20's, snow was hard packed. When I stopped to take a break I would hit the kill switch and the engine would run on, trying to fire about 3 times or so. It did this three times that night. Also as I was pulling up to stop signs the engine sounded very tingy. Rode on saturday, temps in the low 40's same thing, run on, with a high idle. Adjusted idle and still seems to run on. Also very hard restarting.

Pulled the plugs tonight and then are very light and have a lot of build up on them. Someone told me the 800's are having problem with the seals around the reeds, therefore sucking unneed air cause the sled to run lean. Any truth to this? Any ideas??

thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
jhodges said:
I was out riding last week after dark, temps in the mid 20's, snow was hard packed. When I stopped to take a break I would hit the kill switch and the engine would run on, trying to fire about 3 times or so. It did this three times that night. Also as I was pulling up to stop signs the engine sounded very tingy. Rode on saturday, temps in the low 40's same thing, run on, with a high idle. Adjusted idle and still seems to run on. Also very hard restarting.

Pulled the plugs tonight and then are very light and have a lot of build up on them. Someone told me the 800's are having problem with the seals around the reeds, therefore sucking unneed air cause the sled to run lean. Any truth to this? Any ideas??

thanks
[snapback]689096[/snapback]​
Ya you want to check your boots I had a high idle also the rips in the boots can be hard to see sometimes spray carb cleaner or start fluid around the boots to see if your idle changes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could that be what is making my plugs looks so white and having deposits all over them? Are you talking about the boots that are for the reeds?
Thanks

vettesled said:
jhodges said:

thanks
[snapback]689096[/snapback]​
Ya you want to check your boots I had a high idle also the rips in the boots can be hard to see sometimes spray carb cleaner or start fluid around the boots to see if your idle changes.
[snapback]689251[/snapback]​

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could these torn boots also be the cause of a very hard start once the machine is up to temp??

quote=LP TRAILWARRIOR,Jan 31 2006, 07:37 AM]
yes a torn boot will make the white plug, not sure about the deposits.
[snapback]689653[/snapback]​
[/quote]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What boots are you replacing these with? I've heard the ski doo boots are on national back order. Is there a better boot than stock?

Thanks

jhodges said:
Could these torn boots also be the cause of a very hard start once the machine is up to temp??

quote=LP TRAILWARRIOR,Jan 31 2006, 07:37 AM]
yes a torn boot will make the white plug, not sure about the deposits.
[snapback]689653[/snapback]​
[snapback]689664[/snapback]​
[/quote]

·
Registered
598 Posts
v force/reed cages and boots. i have not yet cause my boots are still in ggod shape. Im not an expert but i think it could have something to do with the hard starting. make sure it is your boots that are bad before you buy new ones, it could be some thing else. like pluged main jets? also hard starting can some times be a ring issue that 03-04 800's also had.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts