Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be kind - total newbie here. This is the first sled I have ever owned and I absolutely love it. I use it mostly for trail riding and playing up in the foothills. Seems to be the perfect sled for this.

Some friends are taking me up to the mountains in two weeks. Can anyone give me advice as to what the best setup for the sled would be? I don't mean going crazy with aftermarket modifications, but I have heard about removing the stabilizer bar and adjusting the limiter strap??? The sled has the 1.75" track. I want something that is reversible, as I love the way the sled handles now for the type of riding I normally do. I know it won't be as good as a dedicated mountain machine - but I will only get up there maybe twice a year. Also - I won't be highmarking or anything like that - I just want to try playing in the deeper snow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Let the limiter strap out one hole, tighten up the center spring preload and go lighter pre-load on the front shocks. You can take the sway bar off too - but you don't really7 need to.

Also - it helps to counter stear to initiate a turn in powder snow. Powder ride pic: Powder turn

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Here is my set up on my 800X with a 1 3/4" track for the mountains (Valemount, Mcbride). Moving from front to back..... Powder Pro skis. Front ski springs on stock settings. Clutch clickers on 5 (normally on 3). Crank down the front suspension shock 1". Limiter strap at stock setting. My rear suspension torsions on setting 2. Spin rear rubber bumpers to allow more movement and weight transfer (uncouple), or remove completly.
All of these settings remain even when I ride here in Edmonton, except clutch clickers. I weigh 220 lbs. Moving the rear bumper stops out of the way is the best way to get it to transfer more weight off the skis. I have no problem in the powder and this thing climbs anywhere I want to go with authority. The guys who I ride with all are amazed at how high and how fast it gets up a hill.
Just my 2 cents.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 04' Gade sdi had problems above 5000'. Finally BRP came back with a special mapping program above 5000'. Also the clutch needed hollow pins installed. I would probably remove the sway bar, I find it hard to tip. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 04' Gade sdi had problems above 5000'. Finally BRP came back with a special mapping program above 5000'. Also the clutch needed hollow pins installed. I would probably remove the sway bar, I find it hard to tip. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts