Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well it all depends on if you like fussy sleds my 04 is the most fussy sled ever but i am not very good with motors and tricks that a guy can do to make it run sweet if you plan on getting a sled and not race it DON"T BUY a 440 MXZx buy a real sled like a 600 adrenaline now that would be sweet. But they are about $4500 or so pending on condition and you will have to buy the big tank that is about $200 total and mix your gas or you could spend another $400 and have oil injection on it. Its your call i would steer away But the suspension kicks "edit for bad language" big jumps.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
My 04 is great. Yeah it was a little finicky at first but I think they all are since every one is different. I was no big motor head when I first stepped up and got one but I learned REAL QUICK! You can get a larger tank for 150 or so depending on new or used. Domes will need to be recut or buy them for more money. I had that done for around 100. Then I put the oil injection in for around 250 with some used parts that work fine. Then the Tempaflow for whatever you can get one at. New I believe is around 160 or so. I still dont have my clutch set up yet, but I havent ridden it more than 5 miles this yr cause I have been busy with a new job and moving plus we havent had enough snow lately. I should sell the dang thing and buy a boat, but I am too addicted to them that I cant. Plus she has never been raced and has hardly any miles on the way it is. But there are a few good write ups on here from a few good guys that you might want to read as well. Plus if you ever need any help here is the place. I learned everything I know today from right here. But do a search before you ask too many questions cause this sled has been covered inside and out over a dozen times. Good luck and if you have any other questions just PM me and I can help out some more.
-Justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.