Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a 600 SDI that misfires at wide open throttle. It does this only on cold days.

Has anyone seen this before.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
My '04 SDI would intermittently "hesitate" or what SD called "surge" only at WOT (noticed when drag racing mostly) and more often when it was colder out. Not sure its what you're experiencing, but I can see how it could be perceived as a misfire. The latest ECM update (2005-3)completely resolved it for me. You can check out the details of the update here --> http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...9&hl=sdi+cutout or Doo a search on SDI and CUTOUT?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Revulator said:
My '04 SDI would intermittently "hesitate" or what SD called "surge" only at WOT (noticed when drag racing mostly) and more often when it was colder out. Not sure its what you're experiencing, but I can see how it could be perceived as a misfire. The latest ECM update (2005-3)completely resolved it for me. You can check out the details of the update here --> http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...9&hl=sdi+cutout or Doo a search on SDI and CUTOUT?
[snapback]743732[/snapback]​
I Also have a 2004 600SDI and it was dooing something very simular ,Found that the clickers on the TRA were set too high this caused the motor to work against the REV limiter.
Watch your tach at W.O.T. if its going above 8100-8200 back off the clicker Each clicker # changes the Maximum RPM by 200 RPM I believe the stock clicker # is ( 3 ) . When my sled was dooing this it was like a nightmare ride full throttle and then off and on and off.

YOOPER

·
Registered
39 Posts
Revulator said:
I've heard of people hitting over 8500, so not so sure about the REV limiter theory??
[snapback]744463[/snapback]​
I duplicated the problem first to get it to go away and to prove it to myself I reversed it and the problem came back and 8100 is the recomended RPM mine was hitting 8700, I saw a helmet cam video from someone here on Doo Talk and they were complaining of the same thing and after watching the tach on the slaed in the video thats where I came up with the idea.

By the way my dealer said they adjusted the TRA durring my first service and this is when the issue started, I brought it in to them for the dreaded plug fouling issue
which I am happy to say has been cured .

yooper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts