Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Just remove the floats and flush the seat area with carb cleaner and air hose,,don't think you can buy the needle or take it apart

Clean the o-ring cavity/corrosion/carb body I have seen and artic cat has the o-rings available for flat slide carbs 70cents each,,that has been the flooding issue

8mm o-ring

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
Ultrasonic cleaner is like a magic wand. Abracadabra - poof - all clean as a whistle lol

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still it's a moving part and can where out this particular sled has over 14000 miles on the chasi does anyone know the size I can get the size by taking it apart but was hoping to get it first

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
Sorry I have no size. I don't go further than a clean and test. If I wanted the size or replacement part I would contact the carb manufacturer.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
You can get the float assemblies apart by carefully prying at the pivot with a small flat screw driver. Running some hot water over them first to slightly soften the plastic helps. The needles were sized slightly different from anything I had in my jar of old carb parts so I can't help you there. I'm sure you know BRP only sells the whole thing as an assembly, Arctic Cat sells the o-rings. I've posted the part number here a few times. I've also used Viton o-rings for GM fuel lines, 8mm or 5/16" is the size you want. I would be cautious on using just any old rubber o-ring from an assortment, they may not live in gasoline for long term. If you are able to find a replacement needle of exactly the same dimensions, please let us know. Hopefully yours are ok, luckily it seems the plastic seat doesn't wear the Viton tip of the needle.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I also found float needles are all diff in the dirt bike world,,unless they come from the same carb and manufacter

Almost all just need to be cleaned/flushed out since I cleaned my 1st carb back in 1978? with dirtbikes

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We clean the carbs every year but our last trip my son 2004 600 ho was only going 60 miles on a tank. Now we did gear it down one tooth and changed the secondary helix from last year. But I also went one size lower on main jet but something is hurting the fuel economy not sure what

·
Premium Member
27,910 Posts
It is too bad I don't have a 600HO handy to run some tests. It would be simple enough to get a rough estimate of fuel consumption change between two setups.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
If the plugs are not tan? and it loads up at low rpms?(which you probly won't have tan plugs with minor flooding from overfull floatbowls)

The little hole in the center of the floats is were the gas flows thru,,stick a carb cleaner hose in it and flush it out/air hose it,,and you can blow thru it with your mouth and open and close the floats to see if it works,,I have tested many diff carbs that way to see if good

The o-ring can let fuel bypass when it gets dried and old and crusty deposits in the carb body/clean that and replace the o-rings,,,Cat and Polaris have the orings available for their similar TM40 carbs

Revs/carbs are old now a days,,I service a few friends revs and they all get replaced

Attachments

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the needle seat out no part number on it but float o ring was tight everything clean same with needle so maybe gearing and secondary are my problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts